• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Screws for original Rogers and Spencer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Gordon

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I was recently given a box of parts for is an original Rogers and Spencer revolver. The previous owner at one time before his death decided to take it apart but then was unable to reassemble it. The gun is in what I would consider 90% condition. However in going through the parts I realized that everything is there except five screws are missing: the hammer screw, the trigger screw , the two screws that attach the grip frame to the receiver and the small screw that is in front of the trigger guard. In playing around I discovered that the grip screw and the hammer screw have the same thread. My question is where can I find replacement screws. Dixie Gun Works lists some screw on their website but is unclear for some whether or not they are for the repro or the original. My guess is that the screws for the Euroarms reproduction were made with metric threads Any thoughts......?

Just a thought: This is a rural area. If you live rural check the local Ace Hardware. Ours has a dizzying variety of screws. You might find something that will work. Even if it is not something you'd want to use, you would have the specs to help in your search.

My guess is that the screws for the Euroarms reproduction were made with metric threads Any thoughts......?
I'd be willing to bet your right.
The link Alan Ruuska shared does say "original". But each part is going to be expensive @ 6pounds sterling being about $8 currently.
Given that cost, your looking at spending some $$$ getting the parts.
But you have to consider original Rogers and Spencer revolvers are selling for around $4,000,, it might be best to consider a full and proper restoration instead of taking a chance with buggering up with the wrong screws.
I'd take pause before moving forward, and probably at least call the shop in the UK,, (better check time frames), maybe they can tell you the thread size and pitch?
Good luck with your choices

Sounds like a really cool project, would love to find the right screws for it and make her run again, there is something about rebirthing something back to life and letting it see the 21 first century. So so cool.

I was recently given a box of parts for is an original Rogers and Spencer revolver. The previous owner at one time before his death decided to take it apart but then was unable to reassemble it. The gun is in what I would consider 90% condition. However in going through the parts I realized that everything is there except five screws are missing: the hammer screw, the trigger screw , the two screws that attach the grip frame to the receiver and the small screw that is in front of the trigger guard. In playing around I discovered that the grip screw and the hammer screw have the same thread. My question is where can I find replacement screws. Dixie Gun Works lists some screw on their website but is unclear for some whether or not they are for the repro or the original. My guess is that the screws for the Euroarms reproduction were made with metric threads Any thoughts......?
S&S firearms Glendale ny or lodgewood

Back