• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SCREWED?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was trying to sight in my Seneca and found the Elevation and Windage screws virtually impossible to adjust. The slots TC cut in them are so pathetically shallow, I can barely get a grip with a screwdriver and wind up burring or gouging part of the head which only makes it worse. Can the screws be replaced with ones that have deeper slots? Would a gunsmith have to do it? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Hit it with a penetrating lube and let it sit.
then try again. You may have to do this multiple times.

Some T/C rear sights have a small Allen head lock screw. This must be loosened before moving windage screw!

Was trying to sight in my Seneca and found the Elevation and Windage screws virtually impossible to adjust. The slots TC cut in them are so pathetically shallow, I can barely get a grip with a screwdriver and wind up burring or gouging part of the head which only makes it worse. Can the screws be replaced with ones that have deeper slots? Would a gunsmith have to do it? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
Proper fitting gunsmith screwdriver turn the screws on my Cherokee (same sights as Seneca) with ease using just the bit (no handle) from my Wheeler Gunsmith Screwdriver set. Use the wrong bit, not going to work so well. If you have messed the slots up, you can carefully clean them up with toolmaker or jewelry type files.

I don’t particularly like the factory rear sight on my Cherokee, the elevation screw is so easily moved, I wish it had a more positive adjustment but it is what it is.

I don’t particularly like the factory rear sight on my Cherokee, the elevation screw is so easily moved, I wish it had a more positive adjustment but it is what it is.
Unfortunately, the TC lifetime warranty will be of little assistance to you. Personally, have had no issues with Cherokee or Seneca sights, at least in my experience.

Back