• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Scottish Murdoch Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am offering this Scottish Murdoch pistol for sale, asking $325 includes shipping.
I purchased it 30+ years ago from Dixie Gun Works and have fired it a bunch of times.
Smoothbore 50 cal.
The lock sparks really well.
Of note: the lock just started catching at half-cock when the trigger is pulled. It can be fixed with a little work on the tumbler but I don't have the time with so much going on now.
There is an engraved ID number on the bottom of the frame. (I had been taking this with me to Revolutionary War Reenactments in New Jersey from Philly and it was suggested that this would be a very good thing to do.)
All-in-all, it's pretty cool gun. I just have a few too many now.
Check or Money Order (preferred)

Attachments

• Murdoch  1.jpg
    Murdoch 1.jpg
    894 KB · Views: 5
  • Murdoch  2.jpg
    Murdoch 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • Murdoch 3.jpg
    Murdoch 3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Murdoch 4.jpg