• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Scottish Highland Flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just had to share. I'd been asked to give a presentation on Derringers and other small arms and have been wanting to get this guy out to the range in forever. Shot my Derringer (repro, .45cal, rifled) first but didn't video it (it's the hole on the second ring at 3 o'clock). Then I held my phone and did this with the 1760 Scottish Highland (repro, .58cal, smoothbore). I wanted to prove to the audience that these firearms were, in fact, accurate.
I've got another video with the Derringer where I make a nice small group.

Yep, probably the same pistol. That was one pistol I didn't pick up from Navy Arms and still regret it to this day. I had fun with their "Charleville" and "Harpers Ferry" pistols, but I wish I had purchased the Highland Pistol instead.

Gus

Back