• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Score: Percussion Caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imacfrog

50 caliber
Reaction score
Had to pick up a few things at Wally's today so for giggles I went to see if they had any black powder supplies yet! What to my surprise did I see on the shelf but the start of a black powder section! There was one box (1000) of #11 percussion caps (now only 700) with a price of $4.96 per hundred! They also had some Pyrodex and Blackhorn powder as well as a number of unmentionable bullets! This is a massive improvement over last year's lack of any black powder supplies! They are even expecting more items! Could the winds of change be blowing?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at a pawn shop in Poteau, Oklahoma a few days ago. The owner made a mistake... trying to order 1000 #11 caps. He got 10,000. If you live nearby go. I do not remember the name of the pawn shop but it is the one the farthest North on the main boulevard Oh yeah, I bought 200 for $10.. .. leaves quite a few for you :thumb: 😁 Dale

I was at a pawn shop in Poteau, Oklahoma a few days ago. The owner made a mistake... trying to order 1000 #11 caps. He got 10,000. If you live nearby go. I do not remember the name of the pawn shop but it is the one the farthest North on the main boulevard Oh yeah, I bought 200 for $10.. .. leaves quite a few for you :thumb: 😁 Dale
Too bad it's a bit over 100 miles from my house.

Had to pick up a few things at Wally's today so for giggles I went to see if they had any black powder supplies yet! What to my surprise did I see on the shelf but the start of a black powder section! There was one box (1000) of #11 percussion caps (now only 700) with a price of $4.96 per hundred! They also had some Pyrodex and Blackhorn powder as well as a number of unmentionable bullets! This is a massive improvement over last year's lack of any black powder supplies! They are even expecting more items! Could the winds of change be blowing?
I get to pay around $20 + shipping for 250 caps, i can't even find blackhorn in entire country even tho i haven searching for it on internet as well. I barely can buy black powder because you need a box registered at your name for keeping bp in it. And i don't want no box registered on me. I found a dude who got bp tho 80$ for a kg and he has no clue what type of bp it is himself....
You barely can get bullets either here. So i will make my own in future.

Wallys around me, the metro Philadelphia area, stopped selling any ammo once the "Panic" set in. I assume you fellows are out in more rural areas, I guess.

I found the same deal at the WallyWorld in Saint Peters MO today. I bought 5 tins so there should be some left.

Several days ago, I went into a Walmart near me in Louisiana and checked out the sporting goods section. Pushed down in the back behind some other unrelated items, I saw a full box of #11 caps in their blister packs. I got 8 packs and placed them on the counter to pay for them. Some kid showed up to ring up my purchase. He allegedly worked in l Sporting goods. As he was ringing them up, he asked me “what are these for?” I guess I looked surprised, because he said, “what do these little cans do?”
Reply- they make fires.

Midwayusa now has them in stock!
30674FA2-6491-4390-A7EC-783BFA300978.jpeg

Latest posts

Back