• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Score: My new T/C Cherokee

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kylongrifle

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Well as you know if you saw my post about Cherokee's and Crockett .32's that I had been looking for a nice .32..Well after putting the word out among family members I got a call out of the blue today from my wifes 90 year old papaw..He is a avid muzzleloader..He said Ive got a nice .32 that has been shot maybe 6 times Ill sell you..So I hotfoot it over there and he hands me this beautiful Cherokee..He said when I bought it I paid $211 for it..Ive shot it maybe six times. You can have it for $200..need less to say I didn't haggle and I truly appreciated it..here she is..

That's nice. I have one, but mine is a little ruff. 15 grs. and patched ball, shoots like a 22 rf. at 25 yards.

Enjoy!

IMO, you stole that rifle from your wife's pawpaw. :shocked2:

That looks like a late Cherokee, made just before the T/C plant fire/loss that stopped Cherokee/Seneca/Patriot production for all time.

The earlier Cherokees had double-set triggers.

Congrats, now let's see a pic of the boy/girl shooting it! No more excuses--time to get smoke on their faces, lol!

Good luck she looks great!

Dave

$200 now is probably equal to $50 when he got it.

When I was in college, I lived in a trailer. Lot rent including electricity was $23.50/month. :grin:

I had some problems with my Seneca and contacted TC after the fire. I was sent the necessary parts plus some other pieces to keep rifle and Patriot going. Promise, these parts were covered in soot. I was thankful to get'um!

Good for him more or less taking a loss to keep it in the family! Nice Rifle you have there!

Geo. T.

GREAT looking rifle. I know you and your family will enjoy it.Maybe invite your papaw out with you to shoot it bet he would really like that.

Does Pawpaw mean grandfather, uncle or some kind of kinsman?

Where I live Pawpaw is a place and river; pawpaw a grape.

Ats how we talk down hear, Pappaw, Pappy, Grand Pappy, and of course thars MeeMaw, MawMaw. Yeh, that's our grandfolks.(Grandfather-Grandmother)

Kinda like this, C M ducks, M ain't ducks, O S A R, L I B, M R ducks.

Hi All,
New here. The Cherokee post caught my eye. I just got one, and I need to learn more. It's my first .32. I got lucky and found it at an estate auction. It's in beautiful condition; the original owner did a wonderful job of taking care of it. I've only run a dozen shots through it. As I said, I need to learn more. I didn't know what load to use, so I just used some Pyrodex that I use in a revolver. I can see I was using too much (30 grains) which is probably part of why the accuracy wasn't too good (about 4 inches at 25 yards). I don't have a short starter small enough, so I need to make one. That dozen rounds left my hand SORE. It does have a nice set trigger, so I can't blame the poor shooting on that. I've got .45, .50, and .54 calibers, but this is the first .32 I've even shot, so I'd appreciate any input or thoughts you might have. Thanks

Back