• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Schuetzen coming soon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onojutta

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I just stopped into a local outfitter who sells black powder in central PA. They had several pounds of Goex in stock. The employee who waited on me acknowledged that is the last of the Goex and doesn't expect to see anymore with the closing. But, he said that he just talked to his distributer this morning and the distributor will be carrying Schuetzen. He expects a delivery by the end of the month.

Sounds like the place I deal with. The clerk told me last week, they're working to start getting Swiss powder in as soon as they can. I've got enough Goex to last a little while, so hoping by the first of the new year to see some Swiss powder in the store.

"As a furriner, I find it utterly ludicrous that a nation, founded on the effective use of blackpowder firearms to gain its liberty from what it perceived as tyranny, no longer has the means to produce the very lifeblood and fuel of the Revolution."

I made the same observation about the state of Delaware, where there is no place to buy BP in the entire state. A state that was made on the production of gun powder by what is now the DuPont Chemical Company.

As a furriner, I find it utterly ludicrous that a nation, founded on the effective use of blackpowder firearms to gain its liberty from what it perceived as tyranny, no longer has the means to produce the very lifeblood and fuel of the Revolution.
Yes, but...the breadbasket of the world also no longer produces horse-drawn plows, either...that which made us the breadbasket of the world. Times change whether we like it or not. For the record, I don't.

Yes, but...the breadbasket of the world also no longer produces horse-drawn plows, either...that which made us the breadbasket of the world. Times change whether we like it or not. For the record, I don't.

Grain is no longer produced in water wheel grist mills but where they are an important part of history and culture, we still have some available for posterity. There is an old restored mill at a state park near me that fires up a couple times a year and you can buy cornmeal ground before your eyes on 200 year old millstones powered by a water wheel. So come on DuPont, get with the times and fire up some of those old powder mills. Serve some complimentary apple cider and gift bags of genuine black powder.

Back