Schuetzen black powder supply

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

kyron4

40 Cal
Reaction score
Emailed a few distributors asking when the next shipment of schuetzen black powder was set to arrive since the May/June date has past with no new supply. I was told it was looking like Oct/Nov but nothing concrete. I know it can still be had from some vendors , just thought I'd share the info. Carry on.

colimr

40 Cal
Reaction score
I was told the same thing from Buffalo Arms I got the last 3f they got shipped. Grafs was same ETA October Powder Valley had no ETA . I could backorder but pay upfront and price could be higher with Hazmat fee . The fake stuff Trip7 and Pyro are still available . It stinks some are requiring 5lb min order when 4f or sub powder is all that's in stock

Reaction score
I have not been on for awhile and am not up to date. Is black powder still being made or is only substitutes only being made. I remember Goex is no longer being made but is Swiss bp still made?

DixieTexian

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Swiss and Schuetzen are still being made, and Goex is supposed to be available again next year or so.

dave951

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I have not been on for awhile and am not up to date. Is black powder still being made or is only substitutes only being made. I remember Goex is no longer being made but is Swiss bp still made?
No, the sky is not falling. FYI, we with our stinky front loading guns are not the largest consumer of black powder in the world. That would be uncle sugar.

Latest posts