• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

school me on WA state laws

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt85

54 Cal.
Reaction score
id like to try my hand at hunting deer but i do not have any experiance with this nor do i have any one i can go with who is experianced. im currently trying to learn every thing about hunting as quick as i possibly can since my time is seriously limited due to work.

could someone tell me where to find the laws i need to know and if possible translate them into english for me? (laws read like gibberish to me)

thanks for your help

I have no answers, but I am very much going to be watching this thread as I am in the same boat.
Last night my neighbor explained the Washington state regs and as he said 'the rules are as clear as mud'.

I have my sweety picking me up a hunting regulations manual at the local store as we speak. Maybe I'll get it figured out without poping a vein.

If you 2 lived in B.C. I would be able to help! I could even take you hunting but unfortunately there is a nasty border between us!!!

I'd suggest you start at:
Washington state hunting regulations

I wouldn't ever try and translate another state's hunting regs for someone else, it's hard enough working with my own! :wink:

If you haven't already (can't tell your experience level from your post) you should (may be legally required to) attend a hunter's safety class, where at least some of your answers should be available.
See Hunter education

Last I checked if you are over a certain age there is no madatory hunters class in WA. If you are older than that no need for a class. I forgot what it is though.

The store was clossed by the time Sevan got to it so that link is handy.

i believe if you are born before 1971 you dont need the safety class. (dont qoute me on this)

i however was born in 1985 so i will be attending a hunters safety coarse on the 7th of next month.

i will look into that website but as i said these laws read like gibberish to me.

Well I was born in '61 and had to take hunter saftey to get my licencse, I got it in 70 or 71 in WA state.

The region 4 office is at Mill Creek. Not far from you. They should be able to answer any questions you have. Basicaly in Wa you choose which weapon to use, modern firearm, bow or ML. Then look up under the deer seasons for your choice. Then pick the type of deer to hunt, blacktail, whitetail or mule deer. Pick a unit and go. The reg's look tough when you first start out, but after you look at them it's not that bad.

When purchasing a license, all
individuals born after January 1,
1972 must show proof that they have
completed a hunter education class.

straight from the rule book..

Rev_William said:
Well I was born in '61 and had to take hunter saftey to get my licencse, I got it in 70 or 71 in WA state.

I first saw the sun in the same year, and got my Hunters Ed about that time as well.

IF, and that is a big IF, my memory servers me correctly. Back then there was an age limit. Under certain age you had to have Hunters Ed. Over that you didn't. Fourteen rings a bell for some reason.

Back