• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Scam Business Alert - Supposedly Selling Percussion Caps, Etc

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got scammed by Calibrated Defense in Aledo , Tx , placed order for black powder, foolishly paid with Zelle, then nothing . Reported to FBI , ATF , and FTC . They act like they can do nothing. Don't pay with Zelle or any other cash instrument . It is probably a scam
If the guys that scammed you are out of the country then there is really nothing that can be done on a legal or law-enforcment way anyway.

Just a note, I had two charges on my last bank statement totaling over $130 from some fast food delivery joint out in San Francisco CA. I disputed it immediately. Then a few days later I received a letter in the mail from Ballistic Products Inc. out of Sacramento saying that their system had been hacked and that all the customer info was at risk. BPI found out recently that the system was being hacked from Sept. 18, 2020 to Feb 3, 2022. If any of you guys had any dealings with Ballistic Products Inc. during this time frame, better change all accounts associated with them. This last bank statement was for July and August 2022 so it is current.

Thanks for the info. I have not had dealings with Ballistic Products Inc.. I have however had dealings with the Precussion#10cap store After sending two payments of several hundred dollars for Remington #10 caps on August 31st of this year The following day I noticed strange activity from out in California of almost $100.00 for gas or what ever it was used for on my account. I am in damage control mode. Stay away from the Precussion#10cap store they are a scam company. Their store number is a Gerogia area code but when you call it the number shows a New Jersey number. They only respond to texts and email they never answer the phone. They said is was "against protocol" really.

Last edited:
DO NOT FALL FOR THIS. I know a few guys that were real excited that a store in Texas has plenty of powders, percussion caps and other stuff to load guns in stock. They placed pretty big orders. What they told me did not add up. The website is somewhat impressive. There is a physical address and a phone #. If you use the "Chat" feature on the website someone will engage you. First, I know the area and the zip code is not in the area of the address. There is also no commercial businesses in this particular area. I did three things......1) used the chat feature. Whatever I asked about they said they have and on sale. They were eager to take the order to ship it right out. I asked about shipping cost. They said there is none. I asked what carrier. They said whatever is cheapest. This does NOT jive with HazMat requirements and costs! A few days later I called the #. Someone answered. I asked questions about percussion caps and they could only say the info is on the website. I said my FLINTLOCK needs a powerful PERCUSSION CAP and the guy told me these will work just fine. Later, I used a TracPhone and text that same #. Asked about powder. No minimum amount, no shipping, never mentioned HazMat. I said "let me give you my credit card #". They texted "we only take cash app or Zelle to keep your costs down". I said, never mind I'll just come by the store. They texted "ok then". Today another friend with a different phone texted about something they said is in stock. He knew how to do a fake cash app account. They ran it and said the order didn't process. He said never mind, I'm right nearby in Houston. They said "we are far away near AUSTIN" and "we will save you time and money by shipping it". Then he said "what town again"? They said North Bellville. Well - there is no such place. Just plain old Bellville. I figured the idiots stole the address and don't even realize the ROAD is HWY 36 NORTH. They think there alleged address is HWY 36 and the town is NORTH BELLVILLE. So lastly, since this has been fun so far, we got in the car and drove 2.5 hours to the address. The poor older couple that lives in the 2 Bedroom house on the 5 acres at that address have been there since 2011. There's no business nearby and they never heard of this. When showed their address on the website they were shocked! The website instructions even say , Send all returns to .... the address! Then we called and said, "hey we're here, where's the store. They hung up on us. BEWARE - You need to know what site I'm talking about so I am providing it below. I think you can harmlessly go to the site and see their B.S. but I am not putting the site here for you to look at, just to avoid.

www.protacticalreload.com
These scammers wouldn't know how to load or shoot a muzzleloader if their lives depended upon it!

Have to ask how many will go for the 25% OFF MEGA SALE? Hard to pass up….

You have to wonder what laws are being broken or if anyone is paying attention to these creeps and/or really cares? Would almost seem correctable with a good piece of hickory.
Wow! Old West justice might be appropriate, but that's illegal now :rolleyes: ... cheap though, just a piece of hemp about 25 ft long and a tree 🦨

Last edited:
I am embarrassed to admit I fell for one of these scams. The web address is
Discountfirearmandammo.com
Got me got $135. No recourse. I did report it to the FBI IC3 which is their internet commerce investigators. Probably too small of a crime for the FBI to investigate. But maybe if enough complaints come in some newbie will look into it.
I report to the Better Business Bureau located nearest to the scammers purported address. If I feel uncomfortable about a vendor I check them on their local Better Business Bureau. The last thing a legitimate business wants is a bad rep with the BBB.

Just got scammed by Calibrated Defense in Aledo , Tx , placed order for black powder, foolishly paid with Zelle, then nothing . Reported to FBI , ATF , and FTC . They act like they can do nothing. Don't pay with Zelle or any other cash instrument . It is probably a scam
My check or my credit card. If you can not take one or the other you can not sell to me.

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS. I know a few guys that were real excited that a store in Texas has plenty of powders, percussion caps and other stuff to load guns in stock. They placed pretty big orders. What they told me did not add up. The website is somewhat impressive. There is a physical address and a phone #. If you use the "Chat" feature on the website someone will engage you. First, I know the area and the zip code is not in the area of the address. There is also no commercial businesses in this particular area. I did three things......1) used the chat feature. Whatever I asked about they said they have and on sale. They were eager to take the order to ship it right out. I asked about shipping cost. They said there is none. I asked what carrier. They said whatever is cheapest. This does NOT jive with HazMat requirements and costs! A few days later I called the #. Someone answered. I asked questions about percussion caps and they could only say the info is on the website. I said my FLINTLOCK needs a powerful PERCUSSION CAP and the guy told me these will work just fine. Later, I used a TracPhone and text that same #. Asked about powder. No minimum amount, no shipping, never mentioned HazMat. I said "let me give you my credit card #". They texted "we only take cash app or Zelle to keep your costs down". I said, never mind I'll just come by the store. They texted "ok then". Today another friend with a different phone texted about something they said is in stock. He knew how to do a fake cash app account. They ran it and said the order didn't process. He said never mind, I'm right nearby in Houston. They said "we are far away near AUSTIN" and "we will save you time and money by shipping it". Then he said "what town again"? They said North Bellville. Well - there is no such place. Just plain old Bellville. I figured the idiots stole the address and don't even realize the ROAD is HWY 36 NORTH. They think there alleged address is HWY 36 and the town is NORTH BELLVILLE. So lastly, since this has been fun so far, we got in the car and drove 2.5 hours to the address. The poor older couple that lives in the 2 Bedroom house on the 5 acres at that address have been there since 2011. There's no business nearby and they never heard of this. When showed their address on the website they were shocked! The website instructions even say , Send all returns to .... the address! Then we called and said, "hey we're here, where's the store. They hung up on us. BEWARE - You need to know what site I'm talking about so I am providing it below. I think you can harmlessly go to the site and see their B.S. but I am not putting the site here for you to look at, just to avoid.

www.protacticalreload.com
Glad I ran into this. I considered them at one point.

I don't so business in the gun industry with anyone who calls themself "pro" or has "tactical" in their name on general principal! Anyone claiming "pro" better have on a jersey that looks like a Nascar, or have a rank.

The attitude of a few prosecutors is if you fall for this stuff, it’s on you. And yes, they can’t catch them. You can make a lot of noise, the problem with that is it may bring the attention of some brain dead politicians- uhhh…. Why are people sending dangerous evil gun stuff to each other?!?! I just read a news article about gun theft in the mail, and ups. Now the government agencies are trying to make it HARDER to send firearms! Extra security = more expensive shipping rates.

Their website is flagged by malware programs as having an infectious form of a Trojan program.
For those of us that are home computer security conscious it's a red flag to stay away.
I know Powder Inc is legit with a long history providing BP components.
I'm surprised the web-site is in this condition. It could be in a video they have or in a link they have associated with the site.
It could be that some other entity has tried to hack or copy their web-site.
:dunno:
These low life’s will stop at nothing to beat us and are coming up with knew ways daily! Last week I received a recorded notification from what I thought was my electric company (another bunch of thieves LOL). Why did I think it was my electric company you might ask; because they are in my contacts! They said there was a problem with my payment and provided a means to bring account current with a credit card. I knew i had paid the bill two weeks earlier and I was annoyed they were claiming i still owed them money. I was so annoyed I hung up on the recording and checked my payment history through my bank. As I thought they were paid. So I was in a grumpy mood and figured I would call PS&G and give it to them. As it turns out these no goods are able to use the PS&G by call forwarding or other to make it look like they are in this case PSE&G!!!!! You have to be on high alert constantly. Verify everything by hanging up and contacting the business yourself directly! The customer service representative was very nice in explaining this to me. She said this has become a common occurrence.

So when you are searching for cap powders or other again the advice I give is stick wth the regular suppliers. Most small shops don’t get involved with mailing powders and caps it two much of a hassle and generally only have limited quantities especially when it comes to powder due to the storage requirements. If the deal seam to good to be true it is! LOL 😝. Take care all and keep your SA set to High!

Back