• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FOR SALE SCAM ALERT

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm truly shocked at how many folks consider cheating their fellow human being to be an honest trade. Though, at this point, maybe I shouldn't be. They seem to take pride in their skill at taking advantage of others. Society has no use for these people. We put down rabid dogs, don't we? Now I've got a song playing in my head "...I'd like to spit some Beechnut in that dude's eyes and..." And I don't even chew!

I was scammed once by a guy that referred me to a "cousin" in Texas.....probably the same guy !!

How do we trap this crook!

Thanks for the warning.

On another non gun related forum that has many sellers they had a thread called "Good Sales" for members to list feedback about sales that went well. It was reassuring to be able to check out the positive feedback before making a purchase. I wonder if our admin could create something like that forum for us?

I have no friends in TX
Do not believe Texas has the market cornered on scoundrels. They seem to come out from under rocks no matter where you are. This particular guest of honor appears to be out of Texas, but on the internet, who knows? Watching your top knot is important, but in today’s world, watch your wallet and your identity.

he got me for $350.00, for a SCOTISH PISTOL. I had to send the $ to his brother in law, because he did not have a PAY-PAL account. after a week he said he could not answer my questions, because I delt with his brother in law. his brother in law said he would send it after work. well that was the end of all correspondence! GOT ME.

There is a ad right now for a 1851 engraved brass frame that seems very suspicious….

Gentlemen i am sorry for this fiasco but not all Texans are scoundrels. I for one, having been born here 70 years ago, spent my time in service to my country with my beloved Marine Corps, and have lived here all my life do denounce bad behaviour and bad ethics. I do not condone such activities. A man is only as good as his word, there fore that person in question needs to be put down hard and stop degrading my beloved home. Sent from the Great Republic of Texas.
DL

Dog town, thanks for the heads up…but I’ve seen this scam “my friend in Texas” manure before. I shut him down in his very first attempt, but here’s what I got from him this morning…
I think this is a guy Zonie, God rest him, spotted and banned multiple times. Persistent bugger isn't he? Sometimes I wonder if scammers don't work harder than the honest.

i have a rule, if i agree to buy any guns on line, i must talk to the person on the phone before i send any money! most scammers will not talk to you because most can't speak American anyway!
If the seller hasn't been on here at least 2 years, with a good number of posts then I will not be interested.
The money I have did not come easy, and it will not go easily to a thief.

It would be great to set him up in some way, come on what’s your best ideas Guys………

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back