• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Scalping knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy folks, Two Feathers here:

I have a knife. Call it what you want? I’m calling it a scalper for the purposes of listing it, but you can call it what you'd like, and use it for anything you want to.

The price is $125.00 + $15.00 USD$’s s&h, to any of the 50 united states.

The knife is 9-3/8” long overall, with a 5-3/8” blade of 1095 high carbon steel. The blade is 1-1/4” wide at the widest point. The tapered Octagonal handle is made of Cherry, and is pinned on with (2) 1/8” Iron pins. The handle has been oiled, sanded, waxed, and buffed to a satin finish. It IS a partial tang blade like most all PC scalping knives. I took the design and dimensions from a “Museum of the Fur Trade” Quarterly publication.

The sheath is made of 5 oz. Vegetable tanned leather. It’s dyed dark Brown; it has been X Stitched with artificial sinew in a natural color, for a PC appearance. The sheath has a 2-1/2” belt slot. The slot has been stitched partially around on the blade side for added strength. There is a welt in the sheath to protect the stitches. There is an antique Silver rivet at the top of the sheath throat to further strengthen it.
Please buy American and support out local craftsmen, thank you.
1615670644883.jpeg

The knife has a snug fit, it will not fall out.

Guys (n gals) this one will get you noticed at all the upcoming Rondys, shoots or just camping. It doesn’t matter whether it’s for cutting patches, skinning your big game, as a camp knife, or just to carry. Don’t let this one get away. You’ll be sad if you do, with all the BP activity coming up soon! Summer IS on the way! All you Mountain Men need this one! The blade is High Carbon steel so it rusts. I'll remove any rust and oil the blade before I ship it.

I ship/sell to Canada, but all prices are in USD$ to the 50 United states. Shipping outside of the US is costly. Prices will vary accordingly.

I prefer PayPal. I also accept postal and bank money orders. MO’s will add 1 week for travel time, maybe more these days? I ship same day as funds are received, the exceptions are Federal holidays, Sundays, PO hours, and severe weather.

If interested PM me here. As always, thanks for looking and being a customer.

God bless:

Two Feathers

Attachments

• Newest Scalper 03-13-2021 001 edited 30.jpg
    Newest Scalper 03-13-2021 001 edited 30.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 270
  • Newest Scalper 03-13-2021 002 edited 30.jpg
    Newest Scalper 03-13-2021 002 edited 30.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 292
  • Newest Scalper 03-13-2021 003 edited 30.jpg
    Newest Scalper 03-13-2021 003 edited 30.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 281
  • Newest Scalper 03-13-2021 004 edited 30.jpg
    Newest Scalper 03-13-2021 004 edited 30.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 233
Definitely a red-handled scalping knife, and a fine historical re-creation! Nice work, Two Feathers!

I understand this pattern of knife was known to cutlers and traders as a "scalping knife," and there is little doubt some were used for that purpose, but these were actually much in demand as utility or belt knives. This one looks very authentic.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

Notchy Bob:
Thank you sir. I tried pretty hard (for a change) to be HA with this knife. I took it (for the most part) from your graciously forwarded reading material, for which I cannot thank you enough. I'm thrilled that someone noticed my efforts.
Stay safe down there. Send some of that warm Fla. sun up my way.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Howdy folks, Two Feathers here:

I have a knife. Call it what you want? I’m calling it a scalper for the purposes of listing it, but you can call it what you'd like, and use it for anything you want to.

The price is $125.00 + $15.00 USD$’s s&h, to any of the 50 united states.

The knife is 9-3/8” long overall, with a 5-3/8” blade of 1095 high carbon steel. The blade is 1-1/4” wide at the widest point. The tapered Octagonal handle is made of Cherry, and is pinned on with (2) 1/8” Iron pins. The handle has been oiled, sanded, waxed, and buffed to a satin finish. It IS a partial tang blade like most all PC scalping knives. I took the design and dimensions from a “Museum of the Fur Trade” Quarterly publication.

The sheath is made of 5 oz. Vegetable tanned leather. It’s dyed dark Brown; it has been X Stitched with artificial sinew in a natural color, for a PC appearance. The sheath has a 2-1/2” belt slot. The slot has been stitched partially around on the blade side for added strength. There is a welt in the sheath to protect the stitches. There is an antique Silver rivet at the top of the sheath throat to further strengthen it.
Please buy American and support out local craftsmen, thank you. View attachment 68718

The knife has a snug fit, it will not fall out.

Guys (n gals) this one will get you noticed at all the upcoming Rondys, shoots or just camping. It doesn’t matter whether it’s for cutting patches, skinning your big game, as a camp knife, or just to carry. Don’t let this one get away. You’ll be sad if you do, with all the BP activity coming up soon! Summer IS on the way! All you Mountain Men need this one! The blade is High Carbon steel so it rusts. I'll remove any rust and oil the blade before I ship it.

I ship/sell to Canada, but all prices are in USD$ to the 50 United states. Shipping outside of the US is costly. Prices will vary accordingly.

I prefer PayPal. I also accept postal and bank money orders. MO’s will add 1 week for travel time, maybe more these days? I ship same day as funds are received, the exceptions are Federal holidays, Sundays, PO hours, and severe weather.

If interested PM me here. As always, thanks for looking and being a customer.

God bless:

Two Feathers

Sometimes, when people make a PM they forget to poke the "Start Conversation" button at the bottom of the page. They end up thinking they sent a message but without poking that Start Conversation button, the forums computer won't send it.

Hello Zonie:
Thanks buddy. It's not a big deal. I just didn't want this gentleman to think that I didn't care enough about his business to respond?
I've made that faux pas myself a few times. 😳
I'm sure he'll figure it out.
Two Feathers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back