• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Saying hello

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daryl Crawford

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello everyone, glad I was directed to the place. Just joined today but I lurked before. I've hunted blackpowder here in Pennsylvania for a few years but recently decided I wanted to expand that and possibly get a fowler, trade gun, or barn gun to open up a few other seasons.
When I retired from the Army the plan was to get one as a gift to myself. Life got in the way of that and current volunteer work I do is getting in the way of getting more time in the woods.
Regardless, I figured this might be the place to start learning more and even have a chance to be pointed towards a few guns to consider.
I'll post more than I comment because I've got little to add so thanks for letting a novice in.

Thanks. I'm an avid traditional archer for deer and I love squirrel and spring turkey as well. When I had more time and my area wasn't so crowded with homes (read that as lots of fields and meadows) I used to hunt pheasant and grouse on the mountain. I also like the late season flintlock season here. That's when I have some time to get in the woods.
Sunday hunting in Pennsylvania? Well maybe we'll see a few days added at S time and in a few years it may actually open for a few species. Nothing happens fast here!

Back