Saw handle flintlock gun

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Spence10

Cannon
Reaction score
Beautiful. Do you have any idea of the age? They were mentioned quite early in the colonies.

The South-Carolina GAZETTE
February 5, 1753
CHARLES-TOWN
Taken out of the subscriber's house on the bay, on Saturday the 27th of January , a cutlass with a basket hilt, and a pistol, the back like a saw,...

Spence

Treestalker

Treestalker
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful. Do you have any idea of the age? They were mentioned quite early in the colonies.

February 5, 1753
CHARLES-TOWN
Taken out of the subscriber's house on the bay, on Saturday the 27th of January , a cutlass with a basket hilt, and a pistol, the back like a saw,...

Spence
Welcome back Mr. Spence!

Mika.G

36 Cal.
Reaction score

February 5, 1753
CHARLES-TOWN

Spence
Late 1700- early of 1800-

Artificer

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score

February 5, 1753
CHARLES-TOWN

Spence
Wow!! Great quote!

That's FAR earlier than I ever expected to see!

Gus

Musketeer

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Talk about a low bore axis. If this took Glock mags it'd be wildly popular these days. 😄

LongWalker

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Nice piece, hope it shoots well for you! Best wishes for your recovery, so you can get out and shoot it!

I'll be interested in your thoughts once you've had some range time with it. When I had the opportunity to handle/shoot a number of sawhandled pistols, it seemed harder to shoot one well if it didn't fit my hand. My hand seemed to adapt better to various sizes/shapes of a traditional-gripped pistol. I was never sure how much of this was due to the actual grip shape/size, and how much was due to limited experience. (The closest I found to a sawhandle that I could shoot well was from Ten Ring Precision, and those were hardly a "traditional" flintlock.)

Mika.G

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I think it shoots well even though it is without a groove. yes i'm probably out on the shooting range soon, thanks.

GREENSWLDE

40 Cal
Reaction score
Another Sawhandle Dueler. One of a pair by T.Moxham ,London See "Glendenning, Page 84, British PistoLs & Guns" Published ARCO,New York, 1951.. O.D.