• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Satin final coat

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After I spray on Tru-Oil I put the stock in my drying box which is simply a chipboard box lined with foam insulation board. It has a hinged door which I close and I have a light fixture in the bottom corner of the box that I put a 100 watt light bulb in and turn on...more for a dry atmosphere than heat from the bulb. Good luck finding real 100 watt incandescent light bulbs though. Everything seems to be LED or halogen anymore. I still have some real 100 watt bulbs left not sure what I'll use when those are all gone...anyway.

Never had a coat that wasn't good and hard the next morning, with the exception of any runs I might have in that coat. When that happens I scrape any uncured finish off with a fingernail and wet sand the run out (400 or 600...depending how close I am to a finished job), scuff down the previous coat and spray on the next.

I surely agree with the others who say that, basically, no finish is going to prevent the stock from getting dented when dropped on the floor.

After I spray on Tru-Oil I put the stock in my drying box which is simply a chipboard box lined with foam insulation board. It has a hinged door which I close and I have a light fixture in the bottom corner of the box that I put a 100 watt light bulb in and turn on...more for a dry atmosphere than heat from the bulb. Good luck finding real 100 watt incandescent light bulbs though. Everything seems to be LED or halogen anymore. I still have some real 100 watt bulbs left not sure what I'll use when those are all gone...anyway.

Never had a coat that wasn't good and hard the next morning, with the exception of any runs I might have in that coat. When that happens I scrape any uncured finish off with a fingernail and wet sand the run out (400 or 600...depending how close I am to a finished job), scuff down the previous coat and spray on the next.

I surely agree with the others who say that, basically, no finish is going to prevent the stock from getting dented when dropped on the floor.
Great idea! Also keeps dust off while in production. Now i need a finish box.

like the avatar, an old Ducati! hence DUK man!

Attachments

• DSC03044.JPG
    DSC03044.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC03049.JPG
    DSC03049.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC03050.JPG
    DSC03050.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Back