SAR/DAR Members?

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

ThePatriot

32 Cal
Reaction score
My grandmothers ancestors came from Germany. My grandfathers parents came from Wales. Decended from Davy Gamy the body guard of King Henry he died at Aingcourt.

Rudyard

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I'me a SAR Member 16 years Nelson Search & Rescue Volunteer. The' SAR' bit caught my eye. being silly I know just caught my eye that's all . I would be on the loyalist side anyway.
Rudyard

Realwarrior

Pilgrim
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Rocklocks Only I hear you about the doctors & lawyers.. My chapter has those as well as college professors. I joined a few years back and after a few meetings where I felt like the Black dude at a Klan rally I stopped going.. Maybe it's just my location ? I have no idea but they were having the meetings at one of those fancy restaurants where a grilled cheese sandwich is 12 bucks and after the usual pleasantries welcoming me into the group were over everyone went about their usual routine of talking among themselves and generally ignoring me. It was odd.. The farmers and the carpenters and regular folks like that are the ones who did the fighting during the war and here's these elite snobs who have never had dirt under their fingernails running the show. I let my membership lapse after the first year. It's not for me. But I did all the hard stuff getting the paperwork gathered up and submitting it and now if my son or grandsons ever have an interest all they have to do is show proof of their link to me. If you have all your stuff together just find out when & where they meet and show up at a meeting. The public is usually welcome. Or contact the State chapter and tell them your local guy is blowing you off. It's worth doing even if you find that you don't end up staying. Apologies if any members of the Kings Mountain Tennessee chapter are here but I'm a retired auto mechanic living on Social Security and I simply can't afford a couple hundred bucks a year not to mention the $50 a plate dinners at the meetings. And trying to find a place to park my 16 year old S10 among all the Mercedes and BMWs... lol Nope...
TnBandit, I met the same group one year at the Fall Get together at the museum of Appalachian in Clinton.. In talking to them I told them that I had 5 several grandfathers that fought in the Revolution, 3 of which were Morgan's Rifles. The statement that stuck from that conversation was " Well, we have a little educational program that we do & THE SAME GROUP OF GUYS HAS BEEN DOING THIS, SO WE'VE FOUND OUR NICHE". They were not interested in me, for membership Needless to say, it was an abrasive conversation.... But they did ask me for a donation.