• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

San Jacinto Reenactment 2022.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember us at San Jacinto!
I was at Goliad for the first time, and it was really moving.
San Jac will be a lot more raucous!
I'll also be at the salute tomorrow, San Jacinto Day, at the monument. A bunch of speeches, then we get to fire our salutes, and the cannon fires her salute. Pretty cool, being at the actual battlefield. Lots of history here.

I was at Goliad for the first time, and it was really moving.
San Jac will be a lot more raucous!
I'll also be at the salute tomorrow, San Jacinto Day, at the monument. A bunch of speeches, then we get to fire our salutes, and the cannon fires her salute. Pretty cool, being at the actual battlefield. Lots of history here.

We were over by the southwest corner of the site not far from where they were cooking chow. (Note: blue boxes)

IMG_0380.JPEG

IMG_0383.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

RM

Nice pictures. Pretty sure there is a burn ban in effect now, Goliad anyway. But it's probably still "green" up at San Jacinto. If it rains anywhere in Texas , that part gets it. Wouldn't muzzleloaders be a fire hazard during a burn ban? Not to mention those camp fires seen in the pictures.

At San Jacinto today, everything was beautifully green, but it was really windy.
I took my cap rifle so that I wouldn't have to fight the wind while priming the pan.
Lots of speeches, good music from the local high school strings, and we fired 3 salutes. Plus the cannon salutes.
Then we went to LaPorte for Mexican food!
A good time was had.

Was at Ft. McKavett this past weekend for 1862 "Imprisioned on the Frontier" event.
Was German contract carpenter in charge of detail of POW’s putting a floor in officer’s quarters. Sunday morning the POW’s were marched off to Ft. Mason and eventual parole up north. All civilians stayed down in Scabtown by the government springs.
Great time! Complete with rattlesnake right in camp Sunday morning.
Me by the window.
235068FA-6040-46B0-8B80-B00305D0948D.jpeg

Was at Ft. McKavett this past weekend for 1862 "Imprisoned on the Frontier" event.
You really get around! It's over 250 miles from Goliad to the far Hill Country!
I've heard of the fort, but not the reenactment, nor that CW POWs were kept there.
So, I looked it up. Looks like the event was pretty authentic, including getting free work from the prisoners!
Thanks, and keep posting your photos for those of us that don't get around as much as you do.

We got hit by mounted Comanches late saturday afternoon. Lots of mounted personnel there from around the states. Got a lot of work done. There were lots of POW’s there until they could get them parolled. Overall damn good event.
We were over by the southwest corner of the site not far from where they were cooking chow. (Note: blue boxes)
I wish y'all a Happy New Year!
Since the Texas Army was in the Veteran's Day Parade in Houston, it's been a quiet Winter.
Will you be attending any events this Spring?
Stay warm this Winter!

I got a boat load of projects I’m trying to work through, hopefully I’ll have it worked down enough when this goes down. This time of year through early spring is when surveys are done since less leaves are on the trees so less time cutting line.

RM

Back