• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

San Antonio Area

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are in the San Marcos area and it is great rolling hill great rivers. In the middle between Austin and San Antonio.. we spend winters here from Nov till May.
I hope this latest display of winter weather and the "unreliability" of electricity doesn't sour your feelings toward Texas. Normally this is a warm place with warm people.

This thread has been going on for a year and I didn't contribute? Shame, shame, shame. White Smoke Brigade, I have been a member for 8 years and have never regretted a day. Great bunch of guys, the monthly shoots are for bragging rights and are informal (but safe).

Retired Texas L/E, 5 generation Texan, born/raised on the Gulf Coast of S.Texas, Ranched in the beautiful pine forests of deep East Texas, lived in Austin for a decade, now in Georgetown 30 minutes North of Austin for the past 15 years. Gotta say Texas is where it is at and still the Wild West in many respects; however, since so many out of staters are moving to Texas, making beautiful Georgetown 2023 rated as the fastest growing city in the USA for 2 years straight, the rural atmosphere is fast dwindling unless you move further from the crowds. Used to shoot my flintlocks in the backyard....no more! With borders almost 1000 miles border to border, north/south/east/west....plenty of beautiful country still! Wish out of state folks would look at other southern states instead...gotta keep Texas for Texans!

Back