• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Samson historic

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called Samson Historical after receiving shoes I ordered from them. I got scolded by one of their staff due to my posting a somewhat negative review. I ordered a size 11 colonial shoes and they sent me what seemed more like a size 9 (though labeled 11). I couldn't even squeeze my size 10.5 foot in. He said maybe I should take my business elsewhere... Oh, and I was also told that I am wrong about my shoe size; just because I buy size 10.5's for all my shoe needs, they really aren't 10.5's. Samson Historical has the actual, correct shoe sizes,
Yeah, OK.

I called Samson Historical after receiving shoes I ordered from them. I got scolded by one of their staff due to my posting a somewhat negative review. I ordered a size 11 colonial shoes and they sent me what seemed more like a size 9 (though labeled 11). I couldn't even squeeze my size 10.5 foot in. He said maybe I should take my business elsewhere... Oh, and I was also told that I am wrong about my shoe size; just because I buy size 10.5's for all my shoe needs, they really aren't 10.5's. Samson Historical has the actual, correct shoe sizes,
Yeah, OK.
Wow! Sorry to read that....
They are definitely off my list of possible vendors to buy from.

Wow! Sorry to read that....
They are definitely off my list of possible vendors to buy from.
I did take my business “ elsewhere” last night. I am cancelling my ‘replacement’ request to ‘cancel order’ and purchased the shoes from Jas. Towsend. (My original colonial shoes were from him, and I used them thirty years).
My review also disappeared from their website, though it wasn’t the only one mentioning their shoes run a good size small.
There is no reason to ever treat a paying customer like that.

I did take my business “ elsewhere” last night. I am cancelling my ‘replacement’ request to ‘cancel order’ and purchased the shoes from Jas. Towsend. (My original colonial shoes were from him, and I used them thirty years).
My review also disappeared from their website, though it wasn’t the only one mentioning their shoes run a good size small.
There is no reason to ever treat a paying customer like that.
Can you put your review on Yelp and Google reviews?

Can you put your review on Yelp and Google reviews?
I hadn’t thought of that. I don’t know if they have that option. Will check. It cost me $13.00 to return them and they charge another 5 percent of cost of the shoes for credit card fees. So I am out almost $ 20 because they claim I don’t know my own shoe size 😵‍💫

I hadn’t thought of that. I don’t know if they have that option. Will check. It cost me $13.00 to return them and they charge another 5 percent of cost of the shoes for credit card fees. So I am out almost $ 20 because they claim I don’t know my own shoe size 😵‍💫
I just don't understand companies that treat customers this way.

I discovered a tiny crack in one of my kydex holsters last week. Contacted the company with a pic of it on Friday. I was only asking if they thought a tiny hole drilled at the end of the crack would prevent it from cracking further. Monday I got an email saying they would be making my replacement on Tuesday. Holster arrived today.
Why can't more companies treat customers like that?

I see no issue with requiring the customer to pay return shipping. But NO vendor should treat customer like dirt, talk down to them, etc. They (Samson) have lost you forever as a customer and maybe others as well since you posted this. All they had to do was work with you a little bit and both sides of the transaction would be satisfied.

Back