• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Safety??????????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it just me or are they going to kill somebody?

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

rupert

32 Cal.
Reaction score
This is just scary

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-06-17-09-52-02-1.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-17-09-52-02-1.png
    585.2 KB · Views: 204
I see no indication that it is being loaded. Looks like the guy on the business end has a rag for polishing.
The guy on the breech is holding it down so it doesn't move around. I do not see any balls or powder bags near the cannon.
HOPEFULLY that is the case, but from a mere picture, we are only guessing.

I see no indication that it is being loaded. Looks like the guy on the business end has a rag for polishing.
The guy on the breech is holding it down so it doesn't move around. I do not see any balls or powder bags near the cannon.
HOPEFULLY that is the case, but from a mere picture, we are only guessing.

You are right they are just cleaning it up. Common sense goes a long way, do we really think they are loading it and going to mow down trader's row?

Last edited by a moderator:
During "Cannon fest" at the Alamo, guns are unlimbered and set up at various spots on Alamo Plaza. The encroachment of the city on the old mission means that there is densely populated buildings in any and every direction. Demonstrations are provided on how to load, shoot, and service the guns, and little tykes are encouraged to use worms, sponges, and rammers while the vent is covered by the appropriate finger stand (no thumb... if the thumb goes, one has lost the use of the hand... ring finger and pinkie instead) to prevent air getting into the breech and to create an air tight seal and "vacuum" with a satisfying "pop" when the sponge is withrdrawn...

Not every place has the luxury of a completely clear "down range" area for the piece. An entertaining photo, certainly.

NOPE look again folks....
I enlarged the photo in "paint" and the guy at the back is "tending the vent" which is a loading procedure, BUT might be while the guy is cleaning the bore to prevent it from "squirting" backwards, but the guy in the front is ramming something down the barrel....might as I mentioned be the damp sponge during a cleaning, OR he might be loading the dang thing....I hope it's the former version...

FUCKED UP CANNON CLOSEUP.png

LD

Last edited:
I looked up their website......God here is vid of this cannon. I love the ...lets put my face as close as I can to the muzzle as I load .....and stand in front of it when loaded......

Only takes one incident to spoil the fun. I was raised with black powder firearms and was taught the safety at an early age. When black powder became so popular in the 70"s and shooting clubs sprung up like mushrooms I saw many dangerous acts. I think it was because many looked at the sport as the weapon was a toy. Some had put them together from kits and some had original pieces. I have avoided large groups of shooters to this day because of dangerous acts. I and a few select others usually get together in the fall for a private shoot and welcome new associates that are safe to be around.

Back