Sad news - Zonie has passed

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am sorry to report that my dad, Jim King, aka Zonie, passed away on Friday. He went quietly and peacefully with his wife at his side. 10/02/1943-8/13/2021

He was proud of his involvement with your forum, and i thought that you would like to know.

Best regards,
Jim King
Thank you! I of course didn't know him, but always liked his 'handle' of Zonie. God Bless you all.

Reaction score
Sorry for your lose, Zonie done a good job here of keeping us in line, as I am sure that is the way he was in every day affairs, speaks a lot of a mans character and standing. R.I.P. ZONIE

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am sorry to report that my dad, Jim King, aka Zonie, passed away on Friday. He went quietly and peacefully with his wife at his side. 10/02/1943-8/13/2021

He was proud of his involvement with your forum, and i thought that you would like to know.

Best regards,
Jim King
Jim, please accept and pass on our most sincere condolences on the loss of your Dad to your Mom, yourself and the rest of your family. We mourn his loss with you all.

As you and your family go onward, please know and take some comfort in the fact your Dad meant a great deal to us and was a fine example to us all. What better way could there be for a person to be remembered?

Our prayers are with you and your family to ease your pain though time.

Gus

Reaction score
Years ago we started out a bit rocky due to my name, but we got it straight and have been friends from afar. We have lost a great wealth of knowledge and a great moderator. I messaged him a couple of weeks ago and he told me he was trying to get his strength back. My condolences to his family. That man will be missed greatly.
Sad News
Nit Wit

Reaction score
Don't know how to express my sorrow at the passing of a great friend and mentor, who gently guided our discourse and provided that finest final filter of technical knowledge and wisdom. Rest assured we have a Captain of the Smokey Arts awaiting us in the eternities. May he be blessed with eternal life and love.

Two Feathers

54 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Jim:
My sincerest condolences of the loss of your dad. He'll be very much missed here. We had a few PM conversations about life and things. That Bowie knife kit you bought him was one of them. He was very proud of you. I could almost hear him smiling when he spoke of you. It's truly a huge loss for everyone.
I know it';s hard to hear, but he's in a better place and the Lord will watch over him until we can all meet again.
God bless:
Dave

bud in pa

40 Cal.
Reaction score
We on the forum and the rest of the world arm much poorer for his loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Reaction score
I too never had the pleasure of meeting the gentleman. His absence has been missed already. It was incredible how he was even handed in doing what he did on this forum and the mass of knoweldge he had accumulated and shared with us. He presented himself as a man of great light, courage, conviction and knowledge, A truly Righteous Man and there are never enough of those and ,sadly, one less now.

Jim and all your family
May you be comforted from Heaven
Blessed in the Light
and Strengthened by the Love and Prayers of all of us who thought so much of your father.

I am a greatly saddened Michael at this time.

Reaction score
I just saw this and wanted to make a few comments. I never knew your father in person, just from what he wrote here on the forum. He seemed like he was not only extremely knowledgeable but eager to share it when asked. He did a thankless job here as a moderator and by my measure was fair to everyone. I know I cannot understand what you may be going through right now and that I am a stranger to you. Do please know this, most of us that shoot black powder tend to form a tight bond. When one is grieving we all feel some sense of it.

May the Lord cause His face to shine upon you and your family in these difficult times and I pray he has gone onto Glory.

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear this. I don't post much but haven't missed a lot of posts since I found this forum years ago. Zonie was one of the good guys. Gonna miss his presence.