• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

RWS #11's - AMCO Nipples?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericb

45 Cal.
Reaction score
RWS #11's on Ampco Nipples (Uberti '51 Navy & '60 Army) - Good Fit/Results? Remington's getting hard to find, and not too happy w/CCI #11's....have to smack 'em twice - a lot...

Haven't posted much for some time, for a lot of reasons - but I'm here by the Fire - every Day - you guys are a Port in the Storm for me...

Eric

That is the combo I use...AMPCO with RWS 1075 on my rifles with good results seems like they were made for each other.

Thanx HillBilly. My main concern is if they're a good fit on the Ampco's I put on the Uberti Cap and Balls I have, which fir/work fine with Remington 10's & 11's. I've heard some say the RWS 11's are a good fit on Ampco's, but others say they may need a Pinch - which scares me. Only chainfire I ever had was with a Pinched Cap...

Weird to me about the CCI's. I run an Ampco nipple on my TC rifle and solely use #11 CCI's. I have to pinch them to get them to stay on when hunting on a clean nipple, yet yours appear to be too tight. I wonder if the variance is in the Ampco nipples or the CCI caps...

Back