• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

RWS 1075 #11 caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been doing some reading on caps....looking to upgrade a couple of C&B revolvers. Opinions on these caps seem to vary so I am asking what guys think.

Too strong?

Poor fit?

Best nipples?

Thanks!!

Most factory original nipples are sized for #10 caps. The RWS caps are effectively #11. If you are changing the nipples to upgrade be sure that they match the cap size. I have a revolver that with the nipples that came with it, will not fire standard #10 or #11 caps. It will fire #11 magnum caps, but the #11 caps are a loose fit and often fall off and jam the works. The strength of the magnum caps blows the caps apart even if they are pinched to fit. I spent a fair amount of research time because I needed a longer cone on the nipple to have the cap and the hammer meet to ignite the priming compound. So when looking for new nipples, make sure the overall length of the replacement nipples matches the length of the nipples that work on your revolver. I have a set of new nipples to try.

More powerful caps are certainly safe to use, but watch out for cap jams.

Most factory original nipples are sized for #10 caps. The RWS caps are effectively #11. If you are changing the nipples to upgrade be sure that they match the cap size. I have a revolver that with the nipples that came with it, will not fire standard #10 or #11 caps. It will fire #11 magnum caps, but the #11 caps are a loose fit and often fall off and jam the works. The strength of the magnum caps blows the caps apart even if they are pinched to fit. I spent a fair amount of research time because I needed a longer cone on the nipple to have the cap and the hammer meet to ignite the priming compound. So when looking for new nipples, make sure the overall length of the replacement nipples matches the length of the nipples that work on your revolver. I have a set of new nipples to try.

More powerful caps are certainly safe to use, but watch out for cap jams.
Thanks.....I really wish this stuff was like modern stuff. Standard sizes and measurements. Image buying a brand of .22 long rifle that did not fit your rifle. Oh well go thing nipples are not that expensive.

I have a Treso #11 nipple on my Percussion conversion Harper's Ferry pistol, and I popped an RWS 1075 cap on it last night and it was like popping off a .22 Short . Smoke wafting out of the barrel and everything. So if nothing else I've got probably enough for the rest of my life for this pistol, given that I only shoot maybe 30 rounds per range trip with it.

I have been doing some reading on caps....looking to upgrade a couple of C&B revolvers. Opinions on these caps seem to vary so I am asking what guys think.

Too strong?

Poor fit?

Best nipples?

Thanks!!
I use CCI #11 most of the time on my revolvers cause that's what's available cheap around here when you can find them. But for serious no BS hunting or defense possibilities, I use only RWS dynamite nobel #1075. The Germans don't build manure and you can bet on them going bang every time. They do cost more, but when it's on the line, I don't want anything else in C&B use.

Latest posts

Back