• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Rusty repro

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are correct; it is a Belgian Colt from the mid-60s! The gun had been stored in an attic and then forgotten. Over the years the original owner died. It was found in the attic, and the gun was offered to me at a great price.

I soaked it in WD40 for an extended period of time. After that I took it apart. More soaking in WD40, and I used a brass scraper (using the case mouth of a flattened 30-06 case) and tooth brush to further clean it. Rinse and repeat. NO ABRASIVE CLEANERS!!!

After that, clean, oil, assemble, and shoot. By the looks of it, the gun had never been fired. The bore and internals were in perfect condition.

It is one of my favorite black powder guns.

View attachment 48242
View attachment 48243
Nice job!

You are correct; it is a Belgian Colt from the mid-60s! The gun had been stored in an attic and then forgotten. Over the years the original owner died. It was found in the attic, and the gun was offered to me at a great price.

I soaked it in WD40 for an extended period of time. After that I took it apart. More soaking in WD40, and I used a brass scraper (using the case mouth of a flattened 30-06 case) and tooth brush to further clean it. Rinse and repeat. NO ABRASIVE CLEANERS!!!

After that, clean, oil, assemble, and shoot. By the looks of it, the gun had never been fired. The bore and internals were in perfect condition.

It is one of my favorite black powder guns.

View attachment 48242
View attachment 48243
I also like guns that have a bit of acquired "character."

You did a super job on that one, B P Arn!

Notchy Bob

Back