• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Rust

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FishDFly.
Let me rephrase.
Water is the excellent at removing hot powder residue.
Hot water is excellent for water evaporation to dry the metal.
Melted bore butter is very good at protecting all areas.
Or in my experience up to 10 years.
Are there better ways?
ABSOLUTELY.
For me it is key.
For you obviously not.
It was of course only my opinion which I neglected to state.

I might try the vaseline coating, since I'm out of grease that is usable. Probably water should be at least warm since expansion might open pores or allow expansion-contraction of lead and fouling to loosen it up. I always heard hot water, but not taking sides.
Whenever you are talking about things that are man-crafts
like guns, you get different ideas and us guys are often bull headed and fixed in our ways,I know I am.
I also know that even when it is an idea that I don't agree with, or that wasn't mine I will privately look into it or check it out. Biggest thing I think about cleaning guns is DOING IT. So many neglected damaged BP guns around for that one reason : lack of cleaning.

Back