• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rush Creek Round Balls

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crow Beads

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Last year I bought some Rush Creek round balls in .445 caliber. I need re-supply but I can't remember where I ordered them from. Memory's goin'. Anyone know where I can get more of these?

Thanks btech. I checked them earlier and they have Hornady and an un-named hand cast ball in .445. I might as well get the Hornadys. They should shoot the same.

I was just in their shop a week ago, the hand cast they sell are Rush Creek, there where hundreds of bags on the shelves.

And just personal opinion and worth every cent you payed, but my experience with Hornady's poor quality control concerning issues of roundness and weight finally frustrated me so much I began casting my own so I could control the quality.
I haven't looked back since.

Rush Creek is in Kenton, Ohio, a little east of Lima. Their number is (419)674-4392. Shipping to Colorado may make them less than your first choice, but they do make good products.

Another alternative is a Lee .445 mold. I find I can buy a lee mold with handles included for the price of about two hundred balls. I have cast several thousand balls from my Lee molds with no problems.They are aluminum and have to be handled with reasonable care but they work fine! :idunno: :idunno:

ohio ramrod said:
Another alternative is a Lee .445 mold. I find I can buy a lee mold with handles included for the price of about two hundred balls. I have cast several thousand balls from my Lee molds with no problems.They are aluminum and have to be handled with reasonable care but they work fine! :idunno: :idunno:

+1 !!

never had a problem with Lee, although some say disparaging things about them. with proper care, you'll get a lifetime of service. of course, if you mistreat any tool it will fail. (except, perhaps a politician ... is it possible to mistreat a politician? ... that's a question for another day, I guess...)

anyway, if you shoot more than a few times a year, it's worth your while to 'roll your own,' imho.

make good smoke!

I just bought some Rush Creek round balls out at Dixon's thinking they would be more consistent in weight since they are cast, and boy was I surprised when I weighed them on my powder scale. I shoot .530 balls and I had a weight difference of 226.3 to 222 grains in a pack of 50 balls! This is unacceptable. The Hornady swaged balls I was using and told not to only had a span of .4 grains between 30 balls. I would stay away from Rush Creek unless you want to pay a high price for lead so you can melt them for your own mould.

Back