• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Run-What-Ya-Brung 3-shot Contest

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
Since the double-elimination-duel shootin' contest is still going strong and the dead guys, new guys, and guys who didn't get signed up in time might be gettin' bored, I'm startin' another contest.

This one is one round only.
3 shots at one target.
Everyone is welcome, including moderators and those who are in the other contest.
Run What Ya Brung!

Rules:

ANY gun may be used as long as it loads from the front.
ANY type of sights are legal.
ANY single-projectile load you want to shoot.
Offhand.
25 yards.
3 shots.
Same gun all 3 shots.
No prize except braggin' rights.

The target is a quarter sized dot on a sheet of paper. Trace around a quarter, color it in however you like, and fire 3 shots at it.

Measure the distance from the center of the target dot to the centers of all 3 shots.

Add all 3 of those measurements together for your score.

Send me a Private Topic by Midnight, Labor Day September 1st.
Be sure to put "Run What Ya Brung" in the subject so I don't get all confused. :wink:
Please include;
Score.
Type of gun.
Type of sights.
Load used.

I hope to get many different types of guns/sights/loads in this contest. I doubt it will make much difference at 25 yards offhand. :hmm: Should be interesting to see the results.

Anybody up for it?

I waited the 15 minute edit time for your post Jethro, so you did'nt change the rules. :wink: I'll shoot the LAST 3 shots of the day at the target, since I did so poorly with the first shot with my bess in the last contest. :thumbsup:

Dang, I shoulda edited... :haha:

Seriously, I wanted to keep the rules as short and sweet as possible. Take the 1st 3, the last 3, or even the middle 3. Just put all 3 on the paper. :haha:

One thing I should have clarified, Labor Day is included. Contest ends 11:59 PM, September 1st.

At half the distance, and an actual aiming point, we should see some much better scores.

jethro224 said:
At half the distance, and an actual aiming point, we should see some much better scores.

Maybe those folks what missed the paper last time can hit it at a closer range! :blah:

Count me in. If the skeeters will leave me alone long enough to get in some shots, that is. I swear I lost a gallon of blood to them today just watering the lawn! Not sure what gun I'm gonna use this time around. Prolly still the Austin & Halleck. It fits me well.

I might just dig out the .50 that I have shot a bunch... or the .32

"At half the distance, and an actual aiming point, we should see some much better scores."
I suspect that aiming point will just complcate things... :shake:

tg said:
"At half the distance, and an actual aiming point, we should see some much better scores."
I suspect that aiming point will just complcate things... :shake:

Aim small, miss small...
I'm hoping you and your fusil will give 'er a whirl, TG. :thumbsup:
I'm also hoping to get some scoped conical shooters. And everything in between.

I think the short range will do a lot to level the playing field. As will the offhand rule. I'm looking forward to seeing the results from many different guns. At 100 yards off a bench would be a different story. :haha:

I'm alive again! Dang tooting I'm in! I may use my .40, one of my 54s or one of my .62s. Oh hell, I'll just flip a coin!

:bow:

Back