• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Run-What-Ya-Brung 3-shot Contest

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jethro I went to get my silver dollar to trace and make this target I am gonna shoot on but something told me to go back and look at what I actually agreed to!
Alright who edidted out the silver dollar for a punny little ole quarter.
Heck I can't see a quarter a 25yds let alone shoot it offhand.
O heck you done went and made me mad now so I a gonna shoot this thing soon and we see ifin I can hit that silver dollar :shocked2: :shake: (er quarter)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

If you print it without resizing it comes out about silver dollar size. At least it does on my machine. :) Go ahead and shoot the quarter, tat's what I did and I have had cataract surgery on both eyes. It'll put the challenge back into your shooting. :thumbsup:

Got a whole week left to git 'er done. :thumbsup:

And you can paint that quarter florescent orange if it'll help. :wink:

The rules for this contest are easy 'cause there ain't hardly any rules. Purty much just shoot 3 shots offhand at 25 yards and add up the score.
The quarter is really more of a suggestion than a rule. Center is still center no matter how big yer quarter is. :grin:
You do hafta use a frontloader tho. :slap:

The funny thing is, any kinda sights are legal, and everybody is shootin' regular old open sights. :hmm: (Except skunkskinner, his musta fell off 'cause he said he ain't got any. :haha: )

Do a re-entry match after this one an I'll drag {literally) out the underhammer with front and rear peeps on it. :thumbsup:

Shot the trade gun yesterday. Figured at 25 yards I could probably hit the paper. Didn't want tg to be the only data point for trade gun as he would have skewed the results too much and caused unrealistic expectations.

runnball said:
Do a re-entry match after this one an I'll drag {literally) out the underhammer with front and rear peeps on it. :thumbsup:

:hmm: Just might do that.

Anybody else that wants to get in this thing better go shootin' by tomorrow. One more day and this one is over.
We got some purty good scores... and a few not-so-good ones. :haha: Mostly rifles. A few smoothbores. A conical or 2, the rest PRB. And no fancy sight shooters. :hmm:
Come on and show yer stuff. You probly got the day off tomorrow anyway. Might as well go shootin'. :hatsoff:

This contest is all over but the score tallyin' and I'll post 'em up later today. Gotta go to work now. :(

There has been some interest in a re-do of this 3-shot contest so I will be running it again for September if anybody wants do-overs or if anybody didn't get in in time. Keep yer eye out for a new topic coming soon. :hatsoff:

Official RWYB 3-Shot Results!

And the winner isssss....

HFD60 shootin' a .54 Renegade .511" :hatsoff:
Good Shootin'HFD60!

Second place is a tie at .875" between
Halftail shootin' a Chambers early Yorke .50 cap with PRB
and grzrob shootin' his custom .54 "retirement rifle" with PRB

Jim/OH 1.235" with a .36 flintlock GM/small Siler PRB

Buripity 1.375" .54 GPR caplock, open sights, PRB

grey whiskers 1.937" with his .50 TC Hawken, open sights and PRB

soggy 2.625" 42" GM barrelled caplock, open sights, PRB

apache130 2.875" .54 Renegade, PRB

Runnball 3.750" JPMurray Carbine, open sights, minnie

50cal.cliff 4.750" .50 caplock, PRB

skunkskinner 5.000" with a Bess, sights??? where??? :haha: PRB

TG 5.250" with a .62 Chambers VA Smooth Rifle, primitive sights, PRB

RC 6.000" with a lefty/righty Stroh-built, PRB, I think it was a quarter for a sight...

BakeovenBill 6.312" shootin' a NSW .62 Trade Gun, turtle bead on the front and PRB

PeteD 8.187" .50 GPR flint, open sights, PRB (he used up all his good shootin' in the other contest... :wink: )

Good shootin' guys! :hatsoff:

Didn't get near as many different styles of guns/sights/ammo as I thought we would. :hmm: I s'pose that goes with the territory, this being a Traditional forum and all. :wink:

Anybody wanna try again? I'm running it one more time this month.

I'm all for another round! I had a busy month and didn't get out to shoot for this one. I only have one show this month so I gots plenty of shootin' time. :grin:

That's what you get for sending your shot in early, doesn't even get posted. Man, I didn't know it was THAT bad. :rotf: Maybe Jethro was just trying to save me some embarassment. :redface:

Oh manure! :doh: Sorry 'bout that Mountainman56. :redface: I didn't leave ya out on purpose. But I done deleted the PT's too. You'll hafta remind me what your score was, if it wasn't too embarrassing. :wink:

Congrats to HFD60. Good shootin. :thumbsup: Hope ya got it all out of yer system tho. I have to shoot against ya in the other contest. :hmm:

Good shootin to Buripity too. Ya beat me.(he'll probably never let me forget it)

GW

:rotf: :rotf: Hell I can't remember. I should still have the target around here somewhere. I can guarantee it wasn't less than one inch for sure. I remember it was that third shot that screwed me up after I started thinking. :shake:

Thanks ya'll...I owe it all to the members of this forum :hatsoff: when I got my rifle last fall I was lucky to hit a paper plate at 50 yrds with it. I've learned so much here. Oh by the way you have me hooked, I haven't even touched any of my other rifles since. Thank you.

That's great to hear HFD60 and congrats from me as well! :hatsoff: I was in your similar situation last November. I had an antique .32 family heirloom but knew nothing about it. Thanks to Grey Whiskers patience and guidance, we got it dialed in. He got me hooked as well. Between him and this forum, I have learned volumes, but I also realize I haven't even scratched the surface. This past spring I purchased my GPR .54 that I used in the contest. I'm surprised how well I did. :shocked2: Now I can't wait for the next one! The only downside is that I felt a little bit guilty about outscoring Grey Whiskers. But I got over it real quick! :blah:

Back