• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Run-What-Ya-Brung 3-shot Contest

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flaming canvas said:
Sign me up. Got to get the rifle dirty fer the other contest anyway.

Oh, you managed to get all my blood off it after the last round huh? :haha:

My God Claude!
That there curly haired feller you guys got on yer Quarter is almost as Homely as that Broad we got on ours.... :grin:
btw Jeffro.....
I shot both my contests tonight...PT'em to ya in a minute.

At last a contest with simple and easy to follow rules. :thumbsup: Heck Yeah, I'll give it a go. :hatsoff:

:thumbsup: Cool! We already have shots fired!
Got your PT Halftail. Purty good start. So far you're winning. :haha:

Y'all can turn in your scores as early as you like, but there's no rush to enter, just make sure to PT me your scores by Labor Day. (I think the guys got how to do that covered. :thumbsup: ) Be sure you're happy with your target and it's the best you can do. Then tell me your score in a PT.

Please don't post your scores here! I will post them all at the end of the contest. This way everyone will just be sooting against themselves, not trying to beat a known score. Also, some people wouldn't post their score at all if they weren't winning. I'm hoping to get lots of entries. :grin:

Good to see a bunch of you guys have recovered from gettin' killed in the duel. :haha: And plenty of fresh competition showing interest too. :thumbsup:

mykeal, I think you just need a new stock for that gun. Looks like the length of pull and the drop are both way too much, the breech needs to be inlet quite a bit deeper, and the fore end looks kinda blocky to me. :hmm:
Send it to Roy. He can fix it. He fixed my .36 after I started workin' on it. :haha:

I dunno, some folks think I have a pretty weird shaped body, so it might kinda fit...

But yeah, I'd sorta been thinking it would look better with some curly maple, or perhaps even cherry. Maybe I could brown the barrel while I'm waiting for the stock...anybody have a couple of gallons of LMF they don't want? :grin:

How much do you figure it would cost to ship?

Jethro,
put me in! got a new-to-me .32 I will be dialing in. so far, its 3 inches high and abour 1 1/2 to the left. Should have you a 3 shot group this week!

Brett

Pete D. said:
Yep. We'll give it a try. PA F&G just closed my range for "lead remediation" 'til Sept.18. So I gotta shoot in my yard.
Pete
Pete,
What is lead remediation?

Halftail said:
Pete D. said:
Yep. We'll give it a try. PA F&G just closed my range for "lead remediation" 'til Sept.18. So I gotta shoot in my yard.
Pete
Pete,
What is lead remediation?

Sounds to me like the F&G guys are gettin' low on ammo. "Time to run some ball. Now where can we get some cheap lead?" :hmm:

count me in also, but got a question :hmm: this being an international shooting contest, we are shooting at an american quarter size, ain't a looney from canada bigger??

RICKYD said:
count me in also, but got a question :hmm: this being an international shooting contest, we are shooting at an american quarter size, ain't a looney from canada bigger??

Well, maybe... :hmm: but ain't everything in Texas bigger? :haha:

It don't really matter anyway 'cause you're gonna be measurin' from the center of the dot. Use a dime if ya want to (aim small, miss small). Heck, use a half-dollar if ya can't see a quarter at 25. In the end, center is still center. :thumbsup:

RICKYD said:

Cool! We already have shots fired!
Got your PT Halftail. Purty good start. So far you're winning.

Clearly the crazy Canadians have an advantage! :blah:

Swamp Rat said:
RICKYD said:

:hmm: .............well I guess the quarters are about the same size; .............but at the moment ours is worth more :blah: :blah: :rotf: :rotf: ...........

soggy said:
Swamp Rat said:
RICKYD said:

:hmm: .............well I guess the quarters are about the same size; .............but at the moment ours is worth more :blah: :blah: :rotf: :rotf: ...........

Does Nary one of you crazy US Buggers even know the monetary value of the Looney??Is it the same as our Quarter?How about our Metric Dime?Is our Nickel and 5cent piece the same thing?What ,besides the Queens Ugly face is on the Dime?Same goes for the nickle?
A little money trivia for you cats. :hmm:

:grin: .........Hey Halftail I wonder if there were a member from Bermuda ; would they let him shoot at their penny? :wink:
images.jpg

Latest posts

Back