• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rules and definitions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fellas if I get snarky or out of hand in any way please send me a PM and I will correct myself. I will not get mad but will appreciate the help.
Same here. And I probably come close to needing a PM late at night sometimes if I have an extra adult beverage or two.

Personally I think the name of this forum is misleading and ambiguous.
Firearms in use up to the end of the civil war, may be discussed, but mention any thing regarding reloading metallic cartridges and it’s deleted, heck that definition includes several early examples of fixed, rim fired cartridges.
If it’s history was rooted in the use of black powder it should be allowed, if not, limit the forum to “MuzzleLoading” smooth bores, rifles and single shot pistols only. You’ll please some members, lose others. Just saying.

Well, it is the "Muzzle Loading Forum". It’s what people come here for. It's probably the most highly populated and topic diverse special interest ml site on the web. Broadening the definition to include anything as long as it burns BP would, IMO, just water it down.

Problem is Ponderosa is no one would know where to find them as they are in the Announcements and Help section. A very odd place to list them and the fact that they were listed way back in 2018 makes them even more difficult to find.
When I signed on, I received a Welcome message encouraging me to explore the forums and become familiar with the rules. I imagine new members continue to receive something similar.

If you look at the list of forums, you will see one titled "Muzzleloading Forum Announcements & Forum Help." It says right there to "please read the rules" with a link to them.
Screenshot_20230510-203009.jpg

In addition, if you go to the forum directly, you will see the Rules are the 2nd topic listed. True, they were posted in 2018, but they are pinned, meaning they will always appear at the head of the list.
Screenshot_20230510-203044.jpg

Your arguments about them being unclear and hard to find is invalid.

Personally I think the name of this forum is misleading and ambiguous.
Firearms in use up to the end of the civil war, may be discussed, but mention any thing regarding reloading metallic cartridges and it’s deleted, heck that definition includes several early examples of fixed, rim fired cartridges.
If it’s history was rooted in the use of black powder it should be allowed, if not, limit the forum to “MuzzleLoading” smooth bores, rifles and single shot pistols only. You’ll please some members, lose others. Just saying.
What's misleading about the name? It's muzzleloading. Metallic cartridges are specifically mentioned as outside the topics of discussion.

There is nothing ambiguous about it.

I see no good reason for the forum to become any more inclusive of other types of black powder firearms. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of other existing forums that cater to any not discussed here. My opinion anyway.

Gonna do a double X2 and go with X4! 😀

I think there should be a rule that Snarky comments be limited to no more than eight words and must contain at least two special characters.

All who agree raise #your@ hands.
I can't believe you said such a ridiculous thing.

Ooops, that's 9 words.
Kidding, just pulling your chain ! And I only identify as one character. I wouldn't ask anyone to put up w 2 of me. SW

There’s an expression I don’t hear much anymore: Mission creep. I joined this forum because it’s about black powder muzzle loaders. I get my fill of cartridge guns elsewhere. Expanding the forum to cartridge (even black powder) dilutes the focus. Expansion isn’t always a good thing. Jus’ sayin’.

Latest posts

Back