• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ruger Old Army value

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TarponStalker

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I’m new to BP pistols. Always wanted one though. One of my customers offered a brand new .45 Ruger to me. I have no idea what it’s worth. Any ideas ?

I bought mine in 76 same year my older Son was born. In my manure state to stay legal I put it on my CCP so I could carry it while hunting in bear country with the 50 cal flintlock. I loaded it to the max 41 gr. 4F with a ball, no wad needed. Still tight and wouldn't think of selling but a fine revolver. If the price was right I'd buy another.

Great price for a new one in the box get it before the word gets out. As said they are through the roof, if you can even find one. I have been looking for a stainless one too go with my blue one for a long time.

Thanks to everyone for the words of wisdom.
I wanna buy it but it’ll have to wait a couple weeks. It seems all of my insurance policies come due at the same time. Now! Unfortunately my commercial boat insurance is a priority over another gun. Silly huh? But I think he’s gonna hold it for me.

Thanks to everyone for the words of wisdom.
I wanna buy it but it’ll have to wait a couple weeks. It seems all of my insurance policies come due at the same time. Now! Unfortunately my commercial boat insurance is a priority over another gun. Silly huh? But I think he’s gonna hold it for me.
Dontcha have any children you can place in indentured servitude or something?

How silly - expecting a good deal to last a day or two, or especially a couple weeks! Even if you put money on it to hold it, someone could swoop in with more money and cart it off. How many times have I spotted a great deal a couple hours after it was posted and it's already gone? There have been times I figured it was as good as mine - but the guy changed his mind a day or two later and decided to keep it. Anything could happen! Added time has screwed up a deal more times than it hasn't.

Give me his contact info, I'll pay him now and sell it to you in a couple weeks. LOL

These guns are exploding in popularity as anything and everything “gun” is hotter than heck right now.

The word is out on the Old Armys and many shooters of unmentionables are pouncing on them for prepper reasons and because unmentionable ammo is hard to get now.

The Rugers are long out of production and Ruger no longer will work on them. They use parts from an obsolete pattern of single actions from that company and parts are no longer compatible with currently made ones.

My $0.02? They are excellent guns but the prices and collectors value on them are skyrocketing with no end in sight. Spare parts are difficult to find. That should factor into things if you intend the gun to fill a workhorse style slot.

Was just at the local gun shop they have a blued one in very good condition(whish it was stainless) gun looks like it has been shot very little, comes with a extra un-mentionable taylors cly. and the easy remove cly. pin set up from belt mountain, Ampco nipples and a trigger that breaks at 3 lbs. $999.99 out the door, Someone had some work done to it. if I did not just buy a un-mentionable 1875 remmy I would of walked out with the Ruger. Might have too give this one some thought.

Back