• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rudyard's creations and oddities

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_8758.JPG
    IMG_8758.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_8795.JPG
    IMG_8795.JPG
    231.2 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_8798.JPG
    IMG_8798.JPG
    229.8 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_8799.JPG
    IMG_8799.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_8816.JPG
    IMG_8816.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_8818.JPG
    IMG_8818.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_8819.JPG
    IMG_8819.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_8821.JPG
    IMG_8821.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_8870.JPG
    IMG_8870.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_8872.JPG
    IMG_8872.JPG
    185.4 KB · Views: 154
Wow Lawrence really did me proud . The compilation of pics where on my Daughters flat glass thing and sort of accumilated Where to begin ? Well the hunting pics and camps are all local mountains and over a few years with various rifles mostly the wheellock & my little 5 pound flint rifle .The Germanic rifle noddingly after F'd Bickle & the light coloured Flint of English style both recently finished 20 bore rifles . The Duck gun with old Lock & barrel and large ' French' bow & Pineapple seemed to belong putting each part into some context . The two old rust pitted percussion rifles are just old barrels got up one a 490 three winged bullet the other a 24 bore belted ball rifle both well used over many years the bores in each case where good .
The poor Hind Ime sat on was a running shot in a saddle called Wards Pass, little 5 pound mid 18th 50 cal . The Dirks just to send to Articiffer who is into making one up , the unfinished hilt go's with a suitable blade I had left over ...The 1760 LI is all from my casting & wood & I appreciate the compliment Dave made as he really knows his stuff ' The other is a 1760 conjectural Ist Pattern Royal Foresters Carbine, I made numbers of these sorts of carbines . The shot & powder flasks just show the handier Y shape Scoop charger & power flask in harness affair . The old Mid 18 th c ' Pointed Tree' carver is original and over in the US for sale incidentally . I bought it as 'a Blowing Horn' in Liverpool when looking for a ship in 1966 . Oh Last but not least the pics of my stocking up that Nigerian' Dane' gun the lock by Jimmo Babatundy of Ikorudu Federal Nigeria in the Ogan river Lorry park style . Note galved water pipe brl ( protective magic charms not shown ) The musket I'me sat on a stool & pointing to my stockers mark is a Lawrences Pattern E I Co. Should be a pic of accessories & horns ect. More detail Ile happily supply .
Rudyard

@Rudyard requested I post these photos for him.
There is quite a variety from awesome dirks to flintlocks as well as a couple of originals using belted or winged bullets.
Any questions will need his reply.
I hope you learn and enjoy these as much as I have.
To see more please look at the Hunting wheellock post.
https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/pictures-of-hunting-wheellocks.119562/

Lawrence,

Thank you so much for posting these pics.

Rudyard had asked me to do it, but sadly I don't have the computer knowledge skills and other things to have done it, as much as I wanted to do it. I am still so far back in the dark ages that I occasionally have to resist an overwhelming urge to use "White Out" on my PC's screen. LOL

Gus

Back