I was bored, already have a few bags (not shot pouches) that I've made to carry roundball in. But, in anticipation of needing to come up with a load for my .62 smoothbore that uses far less powder than it's favorite load, I figured I'd try to do it with the smaller, lighter, .595 balls I have on hand from initial load development. Well, that means I need a new bag to carry them. And, since it will be for range and trail walk use, it should be a little bigger than my usual bag. I decided to use different leather too, this leather worked out really nice for a couple of shot pouches I made by just warming it and rubbing some mink oil into it. When I try to use up the scraps of Tandy "Buckskin" I have sitting around it takes a lot of time and effort to "de-farb" the stuff. I was bored, but not enough to overcome laziness and lack of time. I use bamboo, that I bought in a bundle of three 6 foot lengths at a craft store years ago, as the throats, and a piece of small branches, that I cut from my grandmother's apple tree last spring as we prepped the place for sale, as a plug. I tried to show how the color changes with the mink oil compared to the leather and it was bought. What can't be seen is the positive change in how the leather feels and works. Difference in pattern size shown here. Some size comparisons between the larger bag and the ones I usually use. The long skinny one is for .445 balls, the others carry balls of .610 and .600, with the one far left being the one I use most for hunting. Just something I put together to show the beauty of the apple wood. It changes quite a bit once finished. It starts off looking very plain, but once heated and some beeswax is applied more colors and grain patterns come out. As a side note. The new bag holds over 20 of the .595 balls. But, I want use that pattern again as it is now. I'm going to slightly trim the widest part of the pattern from both sides. The final product, after the nightmare of turning it right side out, is too triangular for my liking.