• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rogers & Spencer Label Needed;

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get or download an image, of a period mfg. label, or advertising image, of the Rogers & Spencer percussion revolver? I'm casing my repro R&S, and want to have some paper labeling to enhance the boxed presentation. Thanks!

Anyone know where I can get or download an image, of a period mfg. label, or advertising image, of the Rogers & Spencer percussion revolver? I'm casing my repro R&S, and want to have some paper labeling to enhance the boxed presentation. Thanks!

I suspect such a thing would be hard to find as the revolvers were all made for a military contract and were shipped to the US arsenal in crates holding multiple guns. If there were examples of an individual cased gun it would be very rare (possibly some may have been made for the owners or investors in the Rogers & Spencer operation but I have never heard of such).

Your best option might be to have someone who does graphics make up a label for you in classic letter format. Have the name of the company, it's address and perhaps some type of symbol (like a classic eagle such as appears on US coinage of the era) along with a reference to being a contractor for US government arms

Good info, thanks. I thought maybe there was some company advertising, like I've seen in old newspapers' classifieds for gun companies; it didn't strike me that they'd have cased, labelled, "stickers". Your idea of making up a label is great! Thanks for the tip.

Search for "clip art" revolvers. I found a lot of images a few years back but didn't save the links. At the time I just saved a picture or two and made up a few cartridge box labels. I believe I did see some R&S pictures but by their nature the clip art images aren't listed by a brand name for the most part. Be prepared to wade through a lot of useless pictures.

Search for "clip art" revolvers. I found a lot of images a few years back but didn't save the links. At the time I just saved a picture or two and made up a few cartridge box labels. I believe I did see some R&S pictures but by their nature the clip art images aren't listed by a brand name for the most part. Be prepared to wade through a lot of useless pictures.
Useful tip! Appreciated!

Wow, I thought my GoogleFu skills were passable, but nothing. I tried the following on several search engines with no results:

Rogers & Spencer revolver
Rogers & Spencer paper trade label
Rogers & Spencer advertisement

This is going to be a hard one to find, assuming you want a real label or advertisement vs a simple line art drawing of a R&S pistol. The closest I found was companies selling reprints of old Francis Bannerman and Son company catalogs listing surplus Rogers & Spencer pistols for sale. They were the 5,000 pistols ordered by the U.S. government that they sold for scrap after they arrived too late to be used in the war. I'm not sure a catalog listing is what you are looking for either though. Best of luck!

Back