• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Roe buck hunting in Hungary.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brits, thanks for posting another great video from Cap-N-Ball. :thumb: Seems like the ultimate to hunt with an original 1700's rifle. That's as cool as it gets (other than if it was still in it's original flinter configuration).

I still think these are all staged though. How could he possibly stalk deer like he did without wearing a stitch of Bill Jordan's Real Tree or Mossy Oak! ;)🤣

P.S. I don't think that YOU are the dumb one....that falls to your political hacks in charge of your hunting laws.

Brit the law is the law has far has a muzzle loading rifle is concerned against deer we all have to live with it ,so stop moaning on about it and looking for sympathy if you that keen pack a bag and go to the country that allow it
Feltwad

What’s the hassle for you if you wanted to travel to Hungry to hunt?
would your smoothies make the grade for them?
what your all’s relationship like since Brexit? Can you travel as freely, could you travel to hunt?
you all are like just 10cm away on my globe😊
I really enjoy cap and ball, and your own hunting stories. Different stories then here in the states

Every hunter requires a valid Hungarian hunting licence which is issued when the hunting contract is signed. This means that foreign nationals are only allowed to hunt in Hungary when they are in possession of a hunting licence issued by the Ministry of Agriculture (FVM) in their name (non EU hunters also need a firearms import licence). Licences are only issued where a valid contract is signed with a hunting agent or organiser (e.g. SEVAKO Ltd). Such a hunting licence is only issued to a guest when he/she is in possession of a valid hunting licence in his/her home country. The hunting licence, firearms licences (European Firearms Certificate or firearms import licence) and passport must accompany the hunting guest at all times during hunting. Hunting may only take place in the areas cited in the contract and for the game listed.

10cm on your globe is three independent and self-governing European nations to the East of the UK, each with their own laws on firearms.

The ten cm was just a joke
Here in the US each state controls hunting and out of state is fairly expensive
In my younger days I hunted Wyoming and Colorado as a New Mexico native. Today with responsibilities I didn’t have then it would be prohibitively expensive with other travel expenses thrown in for me to go.
Everyone’s finical needs are different. So affordable to one may be out of reach for another.
however
I trip to Wyoming to hunt is out of reach for me but a reasonable trip. Wyoming isn’t gouging anyone. Expensive but doable
Is it ridiculous or for a close by person to try or is it too many road blocks and expense to deal with ?

tenngun, I have hunted wyoming and will again this Oct. funny my wife and I were discusing these same issues today, lets see I will travel 2/3 rds. 2 1/2 days travel expenses across the U.S. going and coming home, total five days on the road, pay for a wyoming hunting license and conservation stamp for mule deer, pay a rancher a tresspass fee too hunt, if sucesssful pay a butcher too process the animal, cut,vaccum pack and freeze, stay in a rather nice hotel, eat all meals at local resturants. Cost with the exception of lic. fees, bonus points for the animal your hunting and trespass fee, animal processing fees and meals will be split with my hunting partner. total cost about 2 grand for a 10 day hunt, throw in the lic. conservation stamp and tresspass fees adds around another 9 hundred dollars It can be done and one will be rather comfortable in the trip, ( you can cut out the trespass fees bye hunting on B.L.M. and state owned property, there you save 350 too seven hundred dollars) I try too go every two, three years, already in the planing phase for a 2023 or 2024 hunt. Yes the costs can add up and is expensive but it was a goal I worked for and am now able too do it. Now if you go with a guide depending on the hunt and anemities included with the guide expect the costs too be around 3 to 5 thousand dollars for antelope or mule deer, elk is around 6 to 8 thousand and you still have too buy your own license,conservation stamp and get there. Do your home work and you may be surprised the affordable part could be in reach. Also I am no rich person bye a long shot.

Excuse me I wasn’t implying it was a rich man’s deal.
And as I said it’s reasonable. A trip to Disneyland or Vegas will be about the same price. I work a good job and get excellent pay for my profession. But like most people have peculiar responsibilities.
And those serve to move a hunting trip to Wyoming or a vacation at Disney world off my list
I’m ok with that
I don’t know how Brit smoothie is.
so what I was wondering was was it a reasonable propestion to go to Hungry to hunt. Or if it was just so much as to be unreasonable for a common Joe.

My income and responsibilities are limiting. Besides, as I get older the more I dislike traveling!
The deer are slowly moving in to my area so I can always dream and pretend. Any how, I can not comment toòoooo much or one of my fellow countrymen will be straight onto the blower to his chief plod!
😉
It is a good video just the same.
At least he makes them and shows his face. Unlike some that hide their face, trying to keep a lid on their true personality, miserable and dark deep inside!

My income and responsibilities are limiting. Besides, as I get older the more I dislike traveling!
The deer are slowly moving in to my area so I can always dream and pretend. Any how, I can not comment toòoooo much or one of my fellow countrymen will be straight onto the blower to his chief plod!
😉
It is a good video just the same.
At least he makes them and shows his face. Unlike some that hide their face, trying to keep a lid on their true personality, miserable and dark deep inside!
Once again looking for sympathy, the law is the law which we all have to live with. In the near future shooting will be a thing of the past so enjoy the sport while you can within the law.
Feltwad

Another good video from cap and ball.
Why the hell we can not do this in the UK is completely beyond me!! I must be really dumb or something!!!
Yes. An awesome video.
It would seem the more removed a population is from firearms the more magically overpowering a pistol grip (on anything) becomes and the more feeble anything else.
I think the most in a modern English community would struggle with the real effect of the 577-450 at Rorkes Bluff let alone anything earlier.
Bloody sad really.
Actually, saying that, I think the combination of low hunter numbers and access to the most modern weapons tend to discount anything else but modern high power rifles.

Ahhr Feltwad, nice to see you, come in.

Another rubbish reply once again looking for sympathy, this is one of the main reason you was chased out of the UK forums alias {Underdog} .Well you have had your fun so call it a day and lets talk shooting .if you can .
Feltwad

All six of them...
I have no idea how it would work in Great Britain, but in New York state, A place that has no problem stomping on a mans God given Liberties, I alone initiated a change to a muzzleloader hunting law, allowing smoothbore guns to be used for big game, It used to be rifled barrel only. Granted, Once I got the ball rolling it was promoted by an association that advocates for logical, reasonable hunting laws, kind of a watch dog. I guess my point is that if you don't at least try you have absolutely no chance of making changes. Yes, its a pain in the rear and we all have things we would rather be doing, but you have to let them know that you and like minded people are our there.
Either way, best to all of my cousins across the sea.
Robby

Another rubbish reply once again looking for sympathy, this is one of the main reason you was chased out of the UK forums alias {Underdog} .Well you have had your fun so call it a day and lets talk shooting .if you can .
Feltwad
I was not , never have been chased out of anywhere Feltwad. I have left forums of my own free will with nothing to be ashamed of at all.
Here is a list of my alias;
Nath, Underdog, Ratdog, Bernard Sausage.
Go give that to your chief constable.

Gentlemen, please, we are all here, often in somewhat less than ideal circumstances, for our sport of black powder shooting, to talk about how we do it, and try and leave the inevitable leaning towards the politics of it all to one side.

Some countries allow BP firearms to be used against larger game animals, but many others do not because of the incorrect perception that somehow a BP rifle can't 'deliver the goods' powerwise. Even capandball has to walk a very narrow line in his pursuit of live game with a BP firearm - the limitations he faces in doing so are almost as much as those we have in UK.

As for the alleged lack of m/e, all of us here know what total tosh that is - everything ever shot at and killed on the planet before the invention of the metallic cartridge was killed by a black powder firearm of some sort.

Settlers in the opening of the American West took their BP guns with them - having proved they worked back home in the Eastern woods, and over here in Europe, game of all kinds, shapes and sizes, fell to a well-placed ball. Even Africa was the home of the gigantic 4 bore muzzleloading double rifle. Many folks here have justly been proud of their prowess with a BP rifle or shotgun, even handgun.

Let us agree that those of us for whom hunting with a BP firearm is something that they can do without any hassle is great, but that those for whom it it ether impractical or downright impossible, like those is us living in UK, for instance, still like to read about it, not with downright jealousy, but with a certain degree of envy that can not be denied.

Latest posts

Back