• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Robert Hoyt Barrels

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother in law had a 50 bored to 54 by Mr Hoyt. Top notch work. Scary accurate. I have Rice, Burton, Colerain an Hoyt barrels in my guns. All are good accurate well made barrels BUT my Hoyt barrel seems to be my most accurate barrel. Or I shoot that particular gun a bit better than the others but either way I hit better with it

IMG_0594.jpg
DSC03384.JPG
DSC03411.JPG
👍I have 3 Hoyt barrels, a .50 1-56 and 2 .54 gain twist (one was a gpr .50 rebored to 54). the other below browned barrel he made to match another flinter w hook breach (now .50 and .54 hoyt) all shoot great He's a great guy and does great work at a very fair price
DSC03415.jpg

I spoke with Mr. Hoyt this morning and mailed my 3 barrels to him this afternoon; within the coming month he is going to cut rifling into their smoothbores for me...

Mr. Hoyt does fine work. Mr. Hoyt re-bored and rifled the barrel of my Navy Arms Hurricane Hunter to .54 caliber with rounded grooves and 1/56" twist. i originally posted this 50 yard group as four shots but it's a five shot group.

oOJUFdpl.jpg

I'm threatening to happy birthday myself with a .653 round ball barrel on a M1816.
If I pull the trigger on it then it'll be one of Mister Hoyt's.

I honestly just send Bobby my barrels with a letter, and he calls me if he can or can’t do the work or if its going to take awhile.

Rifle Shoppe too, but with them I always anticipate very long waits.

I’m Ed Rayl’s wait list for a Ferguson Barrel.

Last edited:
I think armi sport makes an 1842 in smoothbore, I’d just part ways with the rifled one and get a new one.

Bobby could ream out the bore, but that just doesn’t seem worth it.
You have a point, but for me to sell current one, then buy new one if I could find it, I don't think I'd be into that, but thanks for the idea...sometimes it just takes a suggestion from someone to get the old wheels working....

I spoke with Mr. Hoyt this morning and mailed my 3 barrels to him this afternoon; within the coming month he is going to cut rifling into their smoothbores for me...

today I received my 3 barrels back from Mr Hoyt, turnaround in under a full month's time!
the work is great, and I cannot believe how little he charged for his service!

today I received my 3 barrels back from Mr Hoyt, turnaround in under a full month's time!
the work is great, and I cannot believe how little he charged for his service!
That's awesome, and not at all surprising. He did my .50 into a .54 last year in about a week. I caught him at a good time, and I lovecose enough to drive rather than ship, but it was fast, very reasonable, and a huge improvement in accuracy.

My buddy had an original Springfield Trapdoor unmentionable refreshed by him this summer, and it shoots fantastic, too.

Back