• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Roach Belly Camp/hunting knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cunneshotte. I have no other info on it, but blade shape is indicative of a typical 18th c. English scalper. The ball grip is probably original, but could have been a replacement.
LRB
Thank you. It looks like what I call a "slicer." but I get the point ( no pun intended.)
Are you looking to buy one? I can certainly make one...or one pretty close, I believe?
Two Feathers

No thanks. I've made quite a few myself. The scalpers were imported by the tens of thousands from England, and France. The French used a different pattern with a dropped point for their common exports. The common wood grips were Beech, Boxwood, and exotics from SA and Africa, usually the reddish types. Never American woods unless an owners replacement. The English blades were usually about 1/16" thick, the French about 1/8". Commonly, tapered half tanged into a slotted one piece grip. The English commonly used 3 iron pins of about 3/32" dia., and smaller. The French used 2 of 1/8" dia. However, it seems that some of the French were 2 piece slabs, still with tapered half tanged blades, but with a third pin towards the rear of the grip. The English blades typically will have a straight slightly angled heel, the French a well rounded heel. English grips left an open slot underneath due to the tang width. The French made theirs a closer fit to wider tangs. This describes the more common types. There were different styles and variations from both countries.

I've made quite a few myself.
LRB
Thank you very much for the info. it will be invaluable to me in my future endeavors. I strive to be PC/HA. Thanks again.
God bless:
Two Feathers
Wick is being modest, as seems to be his nature. In my opinion, he is one of the premiere makers of HC/PC knives.
http://www.wickellerbe.com/
There is much a beginning (or experienced) knife-maker could learn just looking at his knives...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back