• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Roach Belly Camp/hunting knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
For sale: Roach Belly patch, camp, utility, hunting knife. $70.00 +$8.00 s&h

This knife features an overall length of 8-1/2” with a blade length of 4-5/8” and a width of 1-1/4” by 3/32” thick 1095 high carbon steel, and VERY sharp!!! The blade has some rust. It's High Carbon it rusts!!! I'll remove the rust and go over up the edge before I ship it. I have many happy satisfied customers here on this site. NO complaints so far about my work.

The handle slabs are straight grained Poplar, stained Jacobean (very dark), oiled, and wax sealed, they’re attached with 2 iron pins.

The sheath is 7-8 oz. vegetable tanned, top quality cowhide, hand stitched in an X pattern with natural colored artificial sinew for a period correct look. It also has a second stitch line on the inner edge of the welt for added security. It has a 2 inch belt slot and is dyed Brown in color. The sheath is wax sealed for water resistance and buffed.

All my accoutrements are made by me here in my NE Pa. shop with 100% American sourced materials. I use original style processes whenever possible. There is NO junk import steel here. I take pride in what I make and it’s my reputation on the line.

I prefer PayPal, but will accept postal money orders or certified bank checks.

I ship the same day as money is received. The exceptions are; weather conditions, Federal holidays, and Sundays.

As always, Thanks for looking. If interested contact me [email protected]
God bless:
Two Feathers

Attachments

• Roach Belly, Dark wood.jpg
    Roach Belly, Dark wood.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 348
For sale: Roach Belly patch, camp, utility, hunting knife. $70.00 +$8.00 s&h

This knife features an overall length of 8-1/2” with a blade length of 4-5/8” and a width of 1-1/4” by 3/32” thick 1095 high carbon steel, and VERY sharp!!! The blade has some rust. It's High Carbon it rusts!!! I'll remove the rust and go over up the edge before I ship it. I have many happy satisfied customers here on this site. NO complaints so far about my work.

The handle slabs are straight grained Poplar, stained Jacobean (very dark), oiled, and wax sealed, they’re attached with 2 iron pins.

The sheath is 7-8 oz. vegetable tanned, top quality cowhide, hand stitched in an X pattern with natural colored artificial sinew for a period correct look. It also has a second stitch line on the inner edge of the welt for added security. It has a 2 inch belt slot and is dyed Brown in color. The sheath is wax sealed for water resistance and buffed.

All my accoutrements are made by me here in my NE Pa. shop with 100% American sourced materials. I use original style processes whenever possible. There is NO junk import steel here. I take pride in what I make and it’s my reputation on the line.

I prefer PayPal, but will accept postal money orders or certified bank checks.

I ship the same day as money is received. The exceptions are; weather conditions, Federal holidays, and Sundays.

As always, Thanks for looking. If interested contact me [email protected]
God bless:
Two Feathers

Dave I will email you on this knife if it is still for sale. Larry

Hi Larry
Yes sir... it's right here beside me. I'll need to clean up the rust (carbon steel), and give it a run across my stones, but it'll be razor sharp when it leaves my shop, like the rest of what you bought..
Are you reselling these things? :~))))))You do know that these knives of mine won't be valuable collectors items once I'm gone...right? :~)))) It seems that you've become the collector of my work. I appreciate that, but they won't be worth squat after I'm gone. Just a little up front warning. Email me and we can get this going.
I have a 7 inch bladed trade knife with a walnut handle here that you might like? and a first time Nessmuk with a really beautiful curly maple handle that looks like it fell right off of Lewis or Clark? I'll send pics. of them once the fancy part is done.
God bless buddy:
Dave

No Dave I dont re-sell them. I gave the small patch knives to my son and son -in-law. I am keeping the larger one with the ball starter on the end of the handle for me. How long is the handle on the 7" trade knife. Pictures ok even if they are not finished yet. Post here or email
Larry

Larry
You DO know I was just kidding...right? I didn't think for one second that you were selling them!! :~))))
The Trade knife handle is 3-3/8" long and I know you said that you wanted a looong handle, but, I'm 6'3" and 275 lbs. and the handle is comfortable for my Gorilla sized mitts.:~))) So I think it would work for you? I haven't got the curl pulled out of that Maple yet, on the Nessmuk, but that's the next step with Aqua Fortis, then she'll POP!! I know they don't look Purty yet, but give me some time. Let me know your thoughts. The Trade knife blade is 7-3/8 " long by 1-1/2" wide and 3/32" thick, same as the thickness on the ones you bought. Thanks again for all of your business, feedback, and support. It isn't easy at 70 with really bad health to keep going, but good folks like you make it a lot easier.
God bless:
Dave

Attachments

• thumbnail (256).jpg
    thumbnail (256).jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 126
  • thumbnail (257).jpg
    thumbnail (257).jpg
    106 KB · Views: 132
If you can get that nice "shine wave" set of curves to a nessmuk I might be interested in one given the testaments to the quality of your blade. That or a historically correct butcher or scalper knife.

Two Feathers sells quality knives. All is handmade including sheath. No cheap foreign steel or leather.
8 BORE

If you can get that nice "shine wave" set of curves to a nessmuk I might be interested in one given the testaments to the quality of your blade. That or a historically correct butcher or scalper knife.

Brokennock
Howdy, Nice to meet you. Ironically; I just finished up my first ever Nessmuk yesterday afternoon? There's no sheath for it yet, but that's not a problem. It'll just take a few days to get one patterned and stitched up. I'm working on a large Trade knife sheath right now for a customer. I have another first for me here as well. It's a big patch knife in the form of a Boning knife style. It has an Elk antler handle and a cast Pewter ferule. Again...no sheath yet. I make all my own wares here in NE Pa. in my shop. These knives are 1095 high carbon, so they WILL rust!
Feast yer peepers on these and let me know what you think? :~))))
If you don't mind my asking, how did you hear about the quality of my blades? I've been a knife maker since 1966. I Just turned my attention toward the PC/HA blades of the Mountain Man/Fur Trappers Era of 18th. and 19th. centuries about 2 years ago. It's been very rewarding.
God bless;
Two Feathers (Dave)

Attachments

• thumbnail (262).jpg
    thumbnail (262).jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 162
  • thumbnail (263).jpg
    thumbnail (263).jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 148
  • thumbnail (264).jpg
    thumbnail (264).jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 152
  • thumbnail (265).jpg
    thumbnail (265).jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 153
  • thumbnail (266).jpg
    thumbnail (266).jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 155
  • thumbnail (267).jpg
    thumbnail (267).jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 160
  • thumbnail (268).jpg
    thumbnail (268).jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 141
Just read the satisfied testimony of fellow forum members. Been looking for a reasonably priced, correct ball end, or octagon handle knife for years.
You're darn close on the nessmuk. Very nice scales.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Brokennock
One last question? What the heck is a " correct Ball End" knife? I get the Octagon handle, I think?
I'm going to make another Nessmuk, any suggestions? I always appreciate help with ideas.
God bless:
Dave

Note the end of the handle on the second knife (for some reason the images load in the opposite order I selected them) It is the 1st saved image I have that I could find. Ignore the marking in the blade.
17332453_9m.jpg pennyknife529_640x480.jpg
Also note the constant sweeping curves of the nessmuk knife. No abrupt angles. I'll try to find more images later.

Note the end of the handle on the second knife (for some reason the images load in the opposite order I selected them) It is the 1st saved image I have that I could find. Ignore the marking in the blade.
View attachment 7673 View attachment 7674
Also note the constant sweeping curves of the nessmuk knife. No abrupt angles. I'll try to find more images later.

Got it...thanks.
Two Feathers

What period is that ball end correct for? Never seen that before...
Hi again
Actually, I'm finding it to have been used from 1670 up through 1870. Mostly the Spanish Trade knives used it through that period. French and English used the same basic design from 1790 up through 1834. I hope that helps?
Two Feathers

There is period picture of a famous NDN holding a ball grip English scalper. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.

Cunneshotte. I have no other info on it, but blade shape is indicative of a typical 18th c. English scalper. The ball grip is probably original, but could have been a replacement. OK, I looked it up. Painting was done By Parsons in the 1760's, in London.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back