• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Risks with powder horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tg said:
I wonder if we need to consider using a rather light breaking strength horn strap in case we fall in the woods and hang orselves with the strap of the horn...gotta be safe doancha know :hmm:

Since I neither wrap the horn strap around my neck, nor blunder through the woods in the manner of a club-footed moose, I don't consider that to be a serious hazard. :grin:

An excellant point TG...with that in mind perhaps for our own safety, we shouldn't visit/walk in woods with trees that have limbs, grounds with underbrush and stickers..oops,,gotta go...broke a nail

"but afterwards it so happen'd, that in getting out herself, a Horn of Gun -Powder which hung over the Window took Fire, and blew her away back into the Room, where she was burnt to Death; hardly any Thing of her Remains were to be found the next Day, but two or three of her Bones."

Having spent my career in the fire service for 30 years I have some experience with fire and ammunition and powder buring. I have to say I do not believe the reason she ended up back in the house was because she was blown into it.

Back