• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Ripped off by a liar and a thief WARNING

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Say what needs to be said:
"You can't have it both ways. Either keep the gun and give me back my partial refund, or send back the gun and I'll give you the other half of the refund back. You can't have it both ways".
Now he bought a gun for half the selling price. Give him 24 hours to make a decision or report him to a mod here.
To be fair, maybe he IS unhappy with the transaction. OK, fine. Then he should send you back the gun, along with the shipping box, and you can send him the other half of the money. Right now he's holding all the cards.

I don't want to start a flame war, he knows who he is
My fault for trying to be the better man, like I said " first time in 35+ years" Ive built well over 200 guns. Like another said most are working mans guns not high art.
Its good to be the better man however we should never assume that others have our morals. I have also been ripped off in business transactions. After having been burned I established policies and stick to them. No problems since.

I don't want to start a flame war, he knows who he is
My fault for trying to be the better man, like I said " first time in 35+ years" Ive built well over 200 guns. Like another said most are working mans guns not high art.
Sorry you were taken but he’ll do this to someone else unless we are warned. I understand about being the better man but he’s already shown you who that is…

Say what needs to be said:
"You can't have it both ways. Either keep the gun and give me back my partial refund, or send back the gun and I'll give you the other half of the refund back. You can't have it both ways".
Now he bought a gun for half the selling price. Give him 24 hours to make a decision or report him to a mod here.
To be fair, maybe he IS unhappy with the transaction. OK, fine. Then he should send you back the gun, along with the shipping box, and you can send him the other half of the money. Right now he's holding all the cards.
Ive reported him to the moderators they don't want to be bothered...its been over a month so I'm sure he's made his decisions. My next step is PA State Police

Ive reported him to the moderators they don't want to be bothered...its been over a month so I'm sure he's made his decisions. My next step is PA State Police
That changes things. Over a month; he has obviously decided to give himself a Five Finger discount.
No mercy, no quarter. Press charges. And please consider outing the guy because it WILL happen again. Right here on this forum.

What did the moderators tell you when you reported it over a month ago? Seems fair we know why you said they did not want to be bothered.

MKD, Try your State Attorney General. they have branch offices all over the state and have the machinery in place for dealing with this type of thing. Usually just a letter from gets the problem resolved.
Best of luck!!!
Robby

Name him, I for one would like to hear his side of the story before making absolute judgment. After all if he failed to mention tire tracks on the fore stock from the UPS truck then the insurance could solve all this. If he as we have prejudged him (bad on us) then we NEED to know.

Without naming this person, you're leaving a big hole open for him to strike an innocent person once again.

Never ever, send a refund or partial refund until that item is returned.
Totally agree, and by opening this can of worms and leaving a giant question mark over it is doing a disservice to the forum imho.

And if YOU can't make that road, a few $$$ to the right people will get the job done.
Had a guy looking at one of my MLs I have for sale. He mentioned something about wanting to see it first? Told him, not much different from the pictured or in person.
I also mentioned something about FTF and knocking off the shipping if that came to be.
And I also mentioned "if he planned on low balling me at a FTF, I was heading home, gun in hand. Cricket, Cricket, Cricket. Mikie don't play those games. :(
Wanting to see it first is immediate termination of conversation....unless its you neighbor....

I hate for this to be my first post but I know how you feel. Several times I have been too trusting (not here) and gotten stung. It is a kick to the gut that in some regards has made me bitter. I collect cottonwood roots to trade to Hopi katsina carvers. Almost eight years ago I gave the best batch of roots I have ever found to an award-winning carver with the promise he was going to carve one of his fine katsinas. The roots were worth thousands and I had gone through chiggers, poison ivy, and hard labor to get them together. In June it will be eight years of repeated promises that my carving is almost complete. The newest pledge is April.
I also had a LEO want to trade for a very nice AR-15 setup of mine for what he said was a Perdersoli Sharps and a Rossi 92. We met and both guns were packed in black grease and wrapped in towels. As I was inspecting the guns my FIL's ostomy pouch started leaking. If you have ever dealt with that situation you know why I shook hands with the guy and got my FIL to a bathroom and new clothes. I got the guns home. The Rossi was perfect. The Sharps was a non-functioning IAB, which in this case stood for It's Always Broken. I contacted the guy and he said he would pay to have the Sharps fixed. I paid $170 to have it functional and let him know the cost. He started making excuses and then stopped communicating and answering his phone.
The point is, I feel your pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back