• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

RIP Musketman!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had sort of drifted away from this forum for a while and only stop by occasionaly. it was really a shock to hear of Randy's passing. I had many pleasent conversations with him via PM's when I first joined . I fondly remember the photo edit compititions that he used to have and his help to some of us who knew absolutely nothing about computers.
Rest in Peace my friend

SOGGY

I found this photo of Randy that I used to make one of his first Avatars.

Rest in Peace.

MusketMan.jpg

Although I didn't really know him, I found his posts knowledgeable, literate, and witty. He didn't seem to have a mean bone in his body. If one can continue to live through the memories of his friends, I would say MusketMan has gained Immortality....

Eric

sounds like a good man, did not know him, I wish I had, good men are hard to find, HE IS WITH GOD NOW, we will all see him later. his trial is over, he has obtained victory, we will see him later. charlie

Thanks for the picture. I saved it.

I sent him a beer mug for his birthday once. It had the rear half of a flint pistol (the lock and grip) sticking out on one side for the mug's handle, and the muzzle sticking out on the other side. He got a kick out of it.

Claude said:
I found this photo of Randy that I used to make one of his first Avatars.

Rest in Peace.

MusketMan.jpg

Thanks for sharing that picture of him :thumbsup:

I hope you can relay this thread to his widow, may help her out.

We really car about folks round these parts

I feel like a real butthead. I visit this site nearly every day, but usually rush past most of the topics to find the specific areas of interest to me. By doing so I missed the announcement of Musketman's passing. I am deeply saddened by that news. I never had the fortune to meet Randy face-to-face but e-mailed and PM'd him numerous times. I knew he had reduced his participation on the ML Forum because it was just too hard and painful for him to do so. He has been and will continue to be sorely missed on the website.

May God be with you on your journey, Musketman. :(

Just seeing this thread myself, not looking into the non-ML section much.
And I can't improve on all that's been said...will just add that he always struck me as an even handed, well balanced guy...thoughts are with him and his family.

God Speed on your Journey to the spirt world . Musketman, it's not the end It's .a new begining

Great man. Rest in Peace. I never got to meet him, but considered him a friend and it was always good to read his posts.

Well just Damn! I am sitting here with a tear in my eye for a man I never met. Randy was a friend to all, and it pains me to know that he has passed. I drifted away from the forum due to life and family obligations. I just stopped back by today and this is the first thread that I saw. What a horrible thing to find out on my return. I regret that I was not able to express my condolances for the loss sooner. At least Randy is at peace now and not in pain. God Bless Randy - better days are here for you now...

I, like others, missed this sad annoucement.

This campfire, that we share, seems a little dimmer with his passing. But, I am sure he is having a good laugh wherever the Great Mystery has taken him. He sits among those who have gone forth before him. He shares his stories with men like Bridger, Boone, Crocket, Bowie and the many others who had to see what lay over the mountain. His only worry now is what lies ahead. He is no longer fettered by his infirmities, or earthly worries. His stride is long and bold. His hand is sure and steady. While I lament the loss of what he had yet to share, I treasure the legacy he has left behind. Take care Musketman, I'll catch up to you one of these days. Not just now.

CP

I've been away for a couple of years, following other paths while dealing with broken computers, lost favorites, and trying to come to terms with the direction(s) life sometimes takes.

Long story short, I finally stopped in again last night and was browsing old posts and memories and friends while trying to decide for myself if, sometimes, you can go home again. When I clicked on Randy's (Musketman's) profile and saw the "RIP" below his name. My first thought was, "No! It can't be!" Then this morning I saw this thread and it really hit home.

Like a lot of others, I didn't really know him well, but also like a lot of others I respected his knowledge and friendship and camaraderie and loved his humor.

Once, in an attempt to explain my own maudlin and insignificant make-up, I wrote: "And when I shuffle off this mortal coil, if even one person says, He was a good man and a good friend and he will be missed. then my life will have been a success regardless of any personal accomplishments of failures."

Randy, you were a good man and a good friend and you are missed... I'll see you up the trail aways. :hatsoff:

...Don (A.K.A. The Kansan)...

YO hey YOU YEA YOU Musketman, Merry Christmas my friend, ya may be not able to post with us anymore but you sure as hell ain't forgotten.

Latest posts

Back