• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

RIP Chuck Burrows (La Bonte)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50cal.cliff

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I just found out that Chuck Burrows has passed! Many of you would have known him as LaBonte on this forum. He was widely know as The Wild Rose Trading Company!

Here is a quote from another forum!
Chuck Burrows left this earth on Monday after a long and courageous battle with non-Hodgkins Lymphoma.

Chuck was one of the most knowledgeable people their was when it came to period correct gear. He will be missed!

Thanks Cliff. I had not heard. It is truly sad news to me. Chuck had few if any peers in reproducing western, and south western, NA leather and bead working. He had many talents, and was exceptional in them all, and was a man of great historical knowledge. RIP Chuck. I feel honored to have been your friend, even though we never met. Adios amigo.

I am truly sorry to read this, but thank you for letting us know.

I will always be thankful that Chuck was so willing to share his vast store of personal knowledge and experience on this and other forums. He will truly be missed.

Gus

He made a knife sheath for me a few yrs back. Very talented man an I enjoyed the few times I got to talk with him on the phone. RIP Chuck

Likewise. He was very active on the Forum up until a month ago. My condolences to all who knew him. We are all diminished by his death.

Because of this Forum, all of the knowledge he shared with us is still available, with the touch of a few keys. Thank you, Claude.

I will now have a drop of Rye in your memory, LaBonte.

Chuck Burrows left this earth on Monday after a long and courageous battle with non-Hodgkins Lymphoma.
Reads like Chuck is a good man to have on point.Someone has to be the trusted one to lay the trail to the Great Rendezvous,feeling safe in Chuck getting the job done,He'll be at Point a la Barbe when we all get there,we will fire a Flee de joie, raise our voice in an old voyager song and pull for the fort,the Great Factor is waiting for us.
We are not Human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience,
We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience'
Chuck,Walk tall as the trees.live strong as the mountains,be gentle as the spring winds,keep the warmth of the summer in your heart,and the Great Spirit will always be with you..
see you at the point,we'll be along directly,put the coffee on.

I have great respect for him. His brain was like an encyclopedia. I bugged him several times, "when are you going to write a book?" Then he got sick, too late now. Bummer.....

That is truly sad news. Over the years his knowledge was always freely shared to anyone who asked. He will be missed.
RIP Chuck.

A fine gentleman that really helped me me with my leatherwork. He was one hell of a mentor, and really surprised me with his support and encouragement. Vaya con Dios, mi amigo.

The most knowledgeable guy I knew regarding the mountain man era. He once sent me a couple of iron belt buckles gratis. Really good man, will be missed.

Never will tire of his works....
Another idol passed...
My sincere condolences to his family and friends.
I will truly miss his shared knowledge...
Safe travels Chuck.....See ya at the fire...

Very sad news---although we never met face-to-face, Chuck & I corresponded over the finer points of fur trade history. He will be missed.

Rod

I am heartsick to hear this. I bought his holster making videos some years back, and exchanged a number of e-mails and PMs with him. He was just a month older than I am. He was quick to answer a request for information, and his posts here and on other forums were absolutely encyclopedic.
Truly a talent that I will not encounter again in my lifetime.
Rest in peace, Chuck.

I only know of him from his posts on the forums and if he had a post I knew it would be a good one. He never tied to slam anyone like some folks do and was a wealth of knowledge. I learned alot from him and wish I could have met him. Well maybe someday. RIP Chuck and prayers for his family and friends. Dew

Back