• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Ringing the gong!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gong was about the size of a run of the mill laptop. Maybe a bit bigger. I was shooting my new .54 with 90 grains fff (I have found out that's what she likes best) and .18 interesting "star" styled ticking patches from October Country. They load ridiculously easy, and the rifle seem two love them. It was a benched shot. the .54 has a 44 inch barrel, and for a rifle the size of a telephone pole, it handles better than my girlfriend.
Did you ever notice that after a F&I battle there were all sorts of benches left . I heard the colonists would use the for flooring in their cabins.

I, admittedly, enjoy learning/reading about the French and Indian War more than any other topic. However, I will take care of every lobster back I catch eyes on. I am from New England, and remember that it was us brick-headed and obnoxious people that started the wonderful struggle that was the Revolution.
How things have changed. Your exception and a large part of New Hampshire noted, but there are probably more patriots on the football team than the whole of NE these days. Sad to say.
Robby

200 is a good haul. I remember the first two years that Art Ressel (the orig Hawken Shop) brought the silhouettes to Friendship. A bunch of the shed shooters went over there and did good on the stuff out to 100 but fell on their faces until they could get their "dial a prayer" sights and loads figured out on the long targets.

I went over one afternoon and shot the close stuff pretty good ... then there was the standing bear at 200. I stoked up the 54 Hawken (Doug Scott built Sharon) with 100 gr 3fffg and knocked down the first three.... no excuse on the 4th. I miss read the wind. But knocking down those three with fixed open sights was good enough for a round of applause from the gallery which had formed up. My hold was (appx) 1 1/2 foot over and about 1 1/2 foot to the left of the top of the shoulder.

A day to remember.

Back