• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ring of Tools vs Pick/Brush separate. Which do you do?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sartana

32 Cal
Reaction score
Starting out in black powder shooting with a flintlock. I see the ring of tools and I see some use the pick and brush on a chain (with the other tools in a bag I am guessing). Which set-up do you like? Seems you might use the pick/brush a bit more so having them on a chain connected to your belt/horn/strap would seem to make sense. Appreciate any thoughts.

Untitled-2.jpg

Pick and brush only all other tools are kept in a leather wallet in my haversack, the pick and brush are kept with a braided cord long enough to be placed in the shooting bag and accessible when used, out of the way not dangling as to catch on brush and other nasties when hunting. Never liked the chain set up.

Given the choice I would lean to the left picture, the right picture has too much clutter for me.

Stuff goes in a bag, no dangling for me.

EE9FB4A7-A471-4CB3-816B-A901CA2B9FE4.jpeg

For hunting, I wear this around my neck. Pick, brush, primer, and powder measure all handy, and quiet, with enough bead space to keep them all separated and not jingling. Each is made from antler -purchased by a couple of folks on this site but assembled this way by me.

Nice quality setup.

Be careful, someone is going to say your buckles are not PC.

Back