• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Right hand to left

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 49399

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever swapped shooting from right hand to left or vice versa? I'm right handed and have always shot that way. However the last few years eyesight in my right eye is not as good as my left. I've shot some guns left handed but not my flintlock yet.

Has anyone here ever swapped shooting from right hand to left or vice versa? I'm right handed and have always shot that way. However the last few years eyesight in my right eye is not as good as my left. I've shot some guns left handed but not my flintlock yet.
I’m right handed, but my right eye is no good, so I’ve shot left handed for over 40 years. Most of my guns are right handed flintlock and I’ve never had any problems shooting them from the left. In fact I have one left handed flintlock and find it somewhat awkward.

I'm in the same boat as you. Bad dominant right eye and good left eye. I had retinal surgery on my right eye back in the summer and it's still healing. I don't expect to regain the excellent vision Of 20 or 30 years ago; but I do hope to improve enough to hit a target now and then.

I'm in the same boat as you. Bad dominant right eye and good left eye. I had retinal surgery on my right eye back in the summer and it's still healing. I don't expect to regain the excellent vision Of 20 or 30 years ago; but I do hope to improve enough to hit a target now and then.
Next time I shoot my flintlock I'm gonna try it left handed.

Back