• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Rifling bench

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been rummaging through some old literature I have acquired through the years and stumbled on plans to make an Iowa rifling bench.
I haven't seen it mentioned but am curious as to ask any of you old timers have ran across this design, besides a museum display?

It appears you have answered your own question. Steve Bookout's and Alan Neubauer's book on how to make and use a traditional rifling bench has been available for a long time. It is a traditional hand powered rifling bench that goes back centuries.

You can see this type demonstrated here.

It appears you have answered your own question

It appears I have, back when I acquired the plans Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet, har,har, in fact I don't know where they came from. I did notice, second edition of the book it is stated that there is an upgrade from the first edition.
Also found a foxfire book detailing some of these old benches.
I just had a hunch some of the old pro's here might have came across one.

Back