• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED Rifleman's hunting frock???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Samouce

40 Cal
Reaction score
I am looking for a rifleman's hunting frock. XXL
Something that would have been worn by some of Morgan's Riflemen...
I dont mind if it is a bit worn, as long as it was originally quality made.

Preferably dark tan, brown...

I may have what you're looking for. I have a hunting frock from Jas. Townsend & Son, heavy cotton canvas in dark tan. I'll have to dig it out of my closet tomorrow morning to see what size it is, either XL or XXL. It's been dyed with black walnut powder but never worn outside. I bought it from a buddy right before my health went south and he got it, tried it on and sold it to me. I never got a chance to wear it outside but I did pull the fringe so it looks the part.
Send me a private message of interested.

I may have what you're looking for. I have a hunting frock from Jas. Townsend & Son, heavy cotton canvas in dark tan. I'll have to dig it out of my closet tomorrow morning to see what size it is, either XL or XXL. It's been dyed with black walnut powder but never worn outside. I bought it from a buddy right before my health went south and he got it, tried it on and sold it to me. I never got a chance to wear it outside but I did pull the fringe so it looks the part.
Send me a private message of interested.
I am interested!
But it has to be a XXL.

Attachments

• IMG_20200711_173532.jpg
    IMG_20200711_173532.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 162
Yes, it's been sold. My friend originally bought it from Jas.Townsend & Son, in the natural canvas color then after selling it to me I died it with black walnut powder that I got from Turkeyfoot Traders, in case you want to do the same.

Back