• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

RIFLE TWISTS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Morning Slake,

Great to hear from another NRA and NMLRA member. It would not hurt for all NRA Members to remind all non-members how important NRA Membership is to protecting the 2nd Amendment.

The last statistic I saw was that for every NRA Member, there are 20 non-members that hunt or own firearms.

You have a nice day now,

John L. Hinnant

According to the last statistic you read only one in twenty gun owners belongs to the NRA? That's a most interesting statistic, yet it totally baffles me. :hmm:

Good Afternoon Flyboy,

Yes, it is baffling.

Even more baffling are large numbers of business men I have met over the years who profess to be in, one breath, strong 2nd Amendment supporters.

In the next breathe they will state how they are willing to support and vote for a strict anti-gun ownership political candidate, because that politico is better for their business.

Go figure; I certainly cannot.

Best regards and good shooting,

John L. Hinnant

If you are not an NRA Member, why not? I am carrying your load.

Hey Fred here is the picture of your 48'er again. Hope this helps whoever wanted to see it. Also here is the link to his post with more photos.
FW's photos of his 48'er

362920.jpg

:hatsoff:

You tap the deer on the shoulder to get it to look at you just before you pull the trigger. :rotf:

Pull the trigger? :shocked2: Why shucks just "swing Forest swing!" and hit thet animal up side the brain pan! :rotf:

Davy

gmww said:
You tap the deer on the shoulder to get it to look at you just before you pull the trigger. :rotf:

:rotf:
6d687e6b.gif
3e5b72e3.gif

It sure gets you closer to the target... :rotf:

I have no idea why someone had this made(it's all a factory made rifle) but anyone that shoots these 48"ers or close to it( a few inchs one way or the other) got no excuse to miss, as bad as I am I can still put 3 into a hole at 50 yds the size of a dime, and its the rifle and sights not me. You got to hear that 433 ball comeing out of that long barrel with 90 grs 3f Swiss, its fast real fast. :grin: :rotf: FRED :hatsoff:

thanks John, I'll even add one more for all of you yankees out there I am also a member of the NYSRPS which is the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association.....and while I have the soap box..it's these groups that keep our second amendment rights strong

GMWW, thanks for posting that pic of Freds looooooong rifle. I'm the guy he was talking about.

Fred, Geez..... the one I shot wasn't as long as the 48", but longer than the short one. It shot very good for me!
Thanks again

No problem Nightwind, Thanks again GMWW. Fred :hatsoff: (the short one is a 1 1/8thx26" 50 cal 1x26" twist for shooting those Big around 500 grs bullets)

Honest question not trying to stir up trouble.Why is it that the 2nd amendment is not allowed to be discussed on a firearm forum?

Jess: The Second Ammendment is not discussed here for several reasons.
First, and foremost it is just preaching to the choir so it doesn't add anything that 99.9% of the people don't agree with.

Second: If someone were foolish enough to disagree with something said in favor of the Second Amendment an all out attack by the above 99.9% would be launched against the person.

Third: Claude, the owner of this Forum, feels there are a number of other Forums to use to talk about the Second Amendment so there is no need to use our computer space that could be directed towards the things that this Forum is really about, that being the discussion of Re-enacting, Traditional Muzzleloading Rifles, and all that goes with them.

Whoops! I done talked about it. :redface:

WELL PUT! :nono: think we are all on the same page on this one. FRED :hatsoff:

Zonie thanks for the responce.I was just curious.It seems we should all be on the side of the 2nd amendment.

Jess said:
It seems we should all be on the side of the 2nd amendment.

We probably are. :winking: No harm in asking. :thumbsup:

Zonie explained it very well. There are numerous sites that specialize in the legal aspects of owning firearms, but we're here to discuss the firearms themselves and their use, not our right to own them.

Past history on the Forum...
Once we begin discussing the Second Amendment, it invariably branches off into discussions of the political parties, then it segues into other aspects of politics and "freedom". It ends up being the same old rhetoric and chest beating, that leads nowhere. We've seen it too many times before and it's not productive.

Claude Mathis said:
Jess said:
It seems we should all be on the side of the 2nd amendment.

We probably are. :winking: No harm in asking. :thumbsup:

Zonie explained it very well. There are numerous sites that specialize in the legal aspects of owning firearms, but we're here to discuss the firearms themselves and their use, not our right to own them.

Past history on the Forum...
Once we begin discussing the Second Amendment, it invariably branches off into discussions of the political parties, then it segues into other aspects of politics and "freedom". It ends up being the same old rhetoric and chest beating, that leads nowhere. We've seen it too many times before and it's not productive.

Course when it comes to politicians and firearms .. well... lets just say Congressifyin has ruint ah many ah good man! We will leave it at that!:hatsoff:

Davy

Back