• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Rifle search help

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a CVA squirrel rifle in .32 around the same timeframe you mentioned. We didn't have a Bass Pro shop in my area back then so I ordered it from their mail order catalog. I think it was around $149 plus shipping. They had several CVA rifles of that style in the catalog, as they weren't selling yuppie muzzleloaders back then, and I do believe the Frontier was one of them. Check Gunbroker. Can't go wrong with an old CVA in good shape.

By the way, if you go the Gunbroker route, might want to do it before late September or early october. For some reason any black powder gun that looks remotely traditional jumps drastically in price until about March. Funny thing though, they can't hardly give away those modern ones during that time.

If you could find a wooden stock you could buy the Bobcat that's for sale here on the forum and have close to the same thing.

Also, a lot of sellers don't know what they have so they list everything as a 'Hawken'.

Latest posts

Back