• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Rifle Kits

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobayjd

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi all, well my wife just came with a yard sale find!! .50 cal Kentucky kit, I built a few kits in the past but just not up to this. Closest I could find is a Track of the wolf Kentucky rifle. It has a tiger stripe maple stock, very nice, and what looks like a quality lock and barrel. Alas no instructions!
My question is does anyone know of a company or individual that assembles?
I would do the final finishing stock and browning etc.
Its just too nice a kit to give up on. Thanks, Jack

Welcome to the forums mobayjd.

It would help a lot if you could possibly post a pic of the kit so everyone knows exactly what you have and need to do.

tell you what, there are a couple of books out there you should read.
1 Recreating the American Longrifle
2 The Art of Building the Pennsylvania Longrifle

they are both very good, and when i started building i got both of these books on the advice of people here and on another forum. and i dived in and built a fine rifle. also there are a lot of very helpful people here!

karwelis

p.s. build it your self, you'll be glad you did

I,m afraid my eyesight and age(70) prevent my building it. I believe I could do the final finishing.

Need to make this kind of deal with a PT. Not allowed to buy or sell in the open forum. :thumbsup:

My sincere apologies, I looked for a private message option before making my post. What's a PT, private treaty? How do you go about contacting someone on the board privately?

I have no idea if the original poster would even consider selling, I just wanted to offer him another option and I do apologize if I violated any board rules.

OK, I found the PT (private topic) button and started a PT with the original poster. Sorry for the rule violation on the open forum.

Back